Friday, February 6, 2009

Food Friday: turning Japanese

sizzling tofu with chicken and mushrooms

I love Japanese food! From sushi and sashimi, teriyaki to tepanyaki, kakiage and tempura, ramen, salads to donburi, i love 'em all. Aside from it's elegant and minimalist presentation, traditional Japanese diet is no doubt one of the healthiest in the world. My friend/dinner buddy is not very fond of Japanese food so we seldom go to a Japanese restaurant when we're together. But I was able to convince her last week to eat at Rai Rai Ken as I was craving for sizzling tofu. I also ordered gyoza, a Japanese-style dumpling, and this Seafood Hotpot...and S liked it. Unfortunately, my friend's favorite foods are spicy spare ribs, grilled pork ribs, lechon macau---all tasty but potentially deadly. So I'm teaching her to eat sashimi, sushi and tofu. Wish me luck!

seafood hotpot

Posted for Food Friday

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not really a fan of tofu but everything else sounds yummy!!! (drool)

Anonymous said...

yummy!!! i agree, one of the healthiest dishes around!
my son loves eating Japanese food (he likes the ramen and the raw salmon), so when we go out and everyone's hungry, expect us to be at the nearest Jap resto within the vicinity! LOL

thanks for playing again, Luna
Happy FF

Anonymous said...

Both looks appetizing! The first dish seemed very delicious (I love tofu).

My Food Friday entries are here and here. Happy weekends!

♥peachkins♥ said...

I would love to have a taste of that sizzling tofu..

Thanks for visiitng and happy FF!

agent112778 said...

mee tooo loovvveee japanese food

my entry is here

Great day for us Food Friday Eaters :)
Thanx for the Visit :)

Anonymous said...

i am not a fan of raw fish but aside from that, i can eat anything japanese (maski japanese language, hirap aral niponggo kaya kain ko na lang letra, wahahaha, lumabas chinese roots ko sa construction ng sentence). gulo ba ng comment ko?

 gmirage said...

I miss food served on a sizzling plate! hmmmm...Definitely the healthy way to eat! ;-)

Dennis Villegas said...

Thise are YUMMY! I never liked Japanese food, but looking at your pictures made me hungry for them!