Friday, February 27, 2009

Trek to Dumacaa River

Walking through the forest is like taking a miracle drug---it relaxes the spirit and rejuvenates the soul. It reminded me of a favorite Henry David Thoreau quote, "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately..." Of course, "to front only the essential facts of life" is not for somebody who wants to be pampered. If you enjoy the simple things like a colorful butterfly, a riot of wild flowers, a flash of color under the bushes, light coming through the leaves, the smells and sounds of the forest, and how grass and mud and slime feel on your skin, then you'd love a trek like this one. It's the pure joy of walking slowly, standing still, experiencing nature. Drop the sense of hurry and savor the surroundings.

An hour and a half trek through the forest brought us here---to Dumacaa River. I don't know what it is about the sight and sound of rushing water that soothes my senses and calms my inner OC. There was a pleasant smell of damp leaves and the sounds of life accented by chattering birds and the rapidly rushing waters of the river from Mount Banahaw. Our own private paradise.

Thank you, Ike, for inviting us to your hacienda.:D

trail to the river
relaxing rapids
no, i was not about to dive
checking out the depth
quiet pools
you know what they say about quiet waters

Dumacaa River is in Tayabas, Quezon province

Posted for Watery Wednesday

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt the rush, too of you jumping into the water. I do that too sometimes - check the depth, walk on the rocks, just get all wet. I love your re-telling of the nature walk...I feel the same way: "Drop the sense of hurry and savor the surroundings"... aah... best line ever.
A great watery wednesday post. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful shots! I'm with you about that commune with nature and I'm sure that trek through the forest was more than worth reaching that wonderful river and flowing water. I love water and the sound of it whether it's in a fountain, stream or the crashing ocean waves. Again, beautiful shots!
:-)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Welcome to Watery Wednesday. Glad you decided to join in. :-)

Dennis Villegas said...

wow ang ganda naman diyan..parang ang lamig at ang linis ng tubig..ingat lang mukhang madulas yung mga bato...ang laki nung mga bato..

Buti pa friend mo may sariling ilog.

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

How beautiful your part of the world is Miranda!
Thank you for stopping by to visit me and your comments on my photos. I have more recent ones in older posts but you have to go back a little. Thank for sharing your talent!

Caprice- said...

Miranda,
You have some wonderful photography on your blog. It looks like a beautiful forest to take a walk in. I especially like the pic of the snails. My dig camera doesn't do macro so I envy you your lovely closeups.
Caprice

Anonymous said...

May isda ba o fresh water shrimps sa ilog na 'yan? Maski na wala, it is a refreshing reward at the end of a slippery, muddy, leech infested trail.

Anonymous said...

What a refreshing reward at the end of a slippery, muddy and leech-infested trail! Lalo na kung may isda o fresh-water shrimps yung river for the taking!

Photo Cache said...

I am envious of this adventure. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

hello, bertN! yes, there's tilapia and other fresh water fish in the river. i saw some guys fishing using a spear gun and by trapping fish in a basket. it was definitely rewarding...ang lamig pa ng tubig, nakakabuhay ng dugo.:D

Anonymous said...

hahaha! don't get me wrong, Luna, but I also love Nature. Hiking and getting into these things is a mix-mix feeling for me---awe, wonder and ayyaya!

Anonymous said...

Kaya lang keep in mind pag malakas ang agos at malalim, wading is potentially dangerous pag nadulas ka. You will find yourself pushed downstream by the rushing water in no time with all its attendant dangers.

Sidney said...

What an adventure !
Looks very remote and unspoiled !

Anonymous said...

Did you mention about the place of this river or where can we found it. Daya mo ikaw lang ang nakaka alamha.

anyway, i like to ask if you are open for exchange link with my blog http://cebuiamge.blogspot.com.

Comment me for your response please

Unknown said...

hi Cebu Pictures! the location info is below the last photo. you can also check here.

escape said...

wow! it's dangerous to cross a flowing river but you made it. so cool!

Anonymous said...

whew...nice place.

fortuitous faery said...

ooooh, the currents look threatening.