Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Snapshot: Daranak Falls

I haven't been anywhere lately and the daily routine is making me crazy. It seems that the only thing I look forward to these days is the time when I get to play with Fritz. A friend calls my affliction "tamaritis" because I'm just plain lazy to do anything after work. It's probably from all the left-brain thinking I do lately. My left brain has been in atrophy for the longest time so imagine it flexing muscles to cope with rolling forecasts, business plans and strategies on my desk.

Beneath the busy clatter of ideas thrown back and forth around here, what I’m really craving are the sight of an open road, sound of rushing water, and of trees whispering. To feed the yearnings of my right brain, I dig through my archives and unearthed these photos of Daranak Falls. These were taken a couple of years ago when my friends and I hiked through the mountains and caves of Tanay, Rizal until we reached Daranak Falls. The kind of adventure I need right now---kidnap me, please!

Posted for Weekend Snapshot



17 comments:

Sidney said...

I can arrange for your kidnap... who will pay for the ransom?
Do we need to kidnap Fritz too? ;-)

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

that is really an awesome place to relax!!!

SASSY MOM said...

I can almost hear the sound of the water ... refreshing!

Anonymous said...

i wish other people could see all the beautiful places in the philippines and realise na we're not at all like the media portrays us to be. :(

happy week and thanks for dropping by my site. yes, it was an adventure but the view was worth the trouble.:)

Anonymous said...

wow... I used to go to a place like this when I was at my grandma's place. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy girl caught up in the urban jungle. I love waterfalls. It always seem difficult at first but the refreshing site almost always makes it all worth it. :-)

Anonymous said...

ah! the throes of a nature-tripper!

hahaha to Sidney's comment!

SandyCarlson said...

Those falls are beautiful.

Anya said...

yay! that's one of the places I dream of going (someday), tamaritis is a lousy disease, believe me, i was born inflicted with it *lol*.

eastcoastlife said...

*throws a sack over Miranda*
*ties the sack and drove non-stop to Daranak falls*
SURPRISE!! hehe...

Indrani said...

It is amazing how water tears through the rocks!
Beautiful shots!

Anonymous said...

I've been there once but that was a long time ago. It's still beautiful!

tigerfish said...

WhoA, nature!

Marites said...

feeling the same way as you do and it's a good thing that we'll be going to HK this week...kakaloka nah, being coup up in the office with nothing to do.

Anonymous said...

in case you do get kidnapped, please take me with you. i think i need some r&r as well :)
WS:Hot Air Balloon Festival

Ibyang said...

great photographs!

thanks for the visit :)

Anonymous said...

u have a eye as a photographer, keep it up and explore the beauty of nature

thanks for sharing

freefry