Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lasang Pinoy: steamed dim sum

dim sum platter at David's Tea House - Greenbelt I

Who hasn't spent a lazy Sunday afternoon in their favorite
dim sum restaurant, feasting on steamed goodies and dumplings? This assortment of savory "small eats" is a great way to sample a variety of intriguing flavors. Similar to French hors d'oeuvres, dim sum are either steamed or deep-fried. I prefer steamed dim sum, especially hakaw, a wonderful shrimp dumpling with translucent wrapper---they're deliciously light and healthy.

steamed shark's fin siomai

P.S. Another out-of-town trip is coming up...I'll see you all again when I get back on Wednesday.

More steamy fares at spiCes

15 comments:

 gmirage said...

Sharks fin! Miss those! Lalarga ka na naman ha. Enjoy! :D

Dennis Villegas said...

Wow so delicious! See you Wednesday! Take care!

Anonymous said...

yum! been ages since we've had those ... :)
have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

growing up, shark's fin dumplings were my favorite! :) i want to learn other ways of wrapping dumplings/siomai! the dim sum platter looks so tempting!

agent112778 said...

i always order the shark's fin mas malinam-nam kasi yun di ba?


my steaming entry is here

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

docemdy said...

My favorite is hakaw too. We never order sharksfin though.

Anonymous said...

I love dimsum too - especially hakaw! Yum!

When we're in Pinas, "must-eat-at" ko talaga ang Luk Yuen, where I could indulge my dimsum cravings to the max without burning a hole in my pocket - hehehe :)

Sidney said...

Not sure if they are healthy but they are definitely delicious !
My favorite (steamed).

Ice Pony Girl said...

I love din sum! Yummy!

escape said...

looking forward to your next trip. ito ba yung kinwento mo?

Oman said...

i love dimsum. yum yum.

have a safe trip miranda.

eastcoastlife said...

You like dimsum too?
I can eat dimsum any time of the day. :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun in your out-of-town travel!

Singapore Short Stories said...

wow what a great dimsum!

Singapore does have such dim sum too though I wonder whether they taste the same.

Unknown said...

I love dim sum...I can try everything without feeling guilty.:D

Thank you guys, for visiting.