Friday, November 12, 2010

Good Morning, sunrise! [SWF]

@ mirandablue
I couldn't remember why I woke up early on this particular morning.  But I remember my anticipation to take Fritz on his morning walk.  We weathered a couple of storms these past few weeks and the drab, cheerless rainy mornings start to wear me down.  When I took a peek from behind the curtain, dark clouds concealed the sunrise and I almost went back to sleep.

@ mirandablue
A few seconds later, the sun broke out from the gloomy clouds and burst into view.  This is the sunrise from my bedroom window as it radiates happiness.

@ mirandablue
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. 
-- Groucho Marx


Posted for Sky-watch Friday

24 comments:

Viola said...

Such a wonderful view from your bedroom!! And gorgeous photos of the sunrise!! :)

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I will wake up cheery too if my sky is so lovely. In winter, I wake up to a pitch black sky.

I am an owl, and don't wake up early enough to greet the sun.

Unknown said...

such beautiful photos! warm and the sun reminds us how grateful we are to have another wonderful day ahead of us:)
health is riches

Kim, USA said...

Very lovely capture so crisp and love the yellow shade on the sky. Happy Friday!
Looking at the sky

Unknown said...

Beautiful shot!
Loved the warmth of the color

:)

BHupesh

Kay L. Davies said...

Gorgeous sunrise. What a view to have from your window.
I love the quote from Groucho Marx. Not the usual sort of Groucho thing to say, but I really like it.
-- K
Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Sylvia K said...

What a gorgeous way to start the day! Fantastic skies, clouds and colors! Hope you have just as beautiful a weekend!

Sylvia

Photo Cache said...

how lucky to have a front row seat to this beauty.

Mridula said...

What a view to have from your bed room window! Beautiful.

Anzu said...

Thanks to honey-color morning.
Wonderful bright sunshine morning !!

Anonymous said...

What glorious photos!

Cathy said...

A very nice photos of sunrise.. Ang ganda po.. ang sarap talaga ng feeling pag nabungaran mo ang bukang-liwayway sa iyong paggising.

arabesque said...

if i can only wake up to these beautiful sunrise everyday... ^0^
the events in our life are indeed unpredictable,as much as we anticipate tomorrow, the best thing about life is to cherish what we have Now. ^0^

have a super gr8 weekend.

Small City Scenes said...

What a nice way to wake up. You have to peek through that curtain every morning and hopefully see this scene again. It is lovely. I hope the rest of your day was as perfect. MB


PS. love your music.

Indrani said...

Beautiful shots, so pleasing to eyes. :)

cloudbusting2 said...

Sounds good that you and Groucho are so happy to see these clouds of happiness.

Maia T said...

For this glorious sunrise it's worth to get out early of bed.
Fantastic photos!

Lina Gustina said...

i feel so warm :)

http://www.womenandperspectives.com/2010/11/sky-watch-bright-sky-in-village.html

Jenn said...

wow! Beautiful!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

A sunrise and Groucho Marx. Definitely a way to begin the day. Lovely, lovely photos, Miranda!

SKIZO said...

Great
Work
Tank you for sharing

☺lani☺ said...

lovely, specially the second photo!

EG CameraGirl said...

What a lovely sunrise. Definitely worth getting up for. :)

Sally in WA said...

What a great way to start the day. These are stunning captures.