Friday, June 12, 2009

Co đói khong? [Are you hungry?]

garlic spiced pork spareribs with nouc cham

Yes, I'm always hungry! Especially during rainy days when I can't do anything except think about my food cravings. A break from this freakish weather brought S and I to Zao Vietnamese Bistro in Serendra. For our main course, we ordered garlic-spiced barbecued spareribs and caramelized prawns. This combination speaks so eloquently of our individual tastes when it comes to food. She likes pork---in any form, and we both know it's not good for her; while I'm on a see[sea]-food diet. So we compromised, as friends normally do.

I agreed to the garlic-spiced barbecued spareribs because of the nouc cham, an intoxicating Vietnamese dipping sauce that accompanied the grilled dish. You can dip practically anything in nouc cham---meat, vegetables, seafood, even for drizzling of rice. I virtually slurped the nouc cham when the waiter was not looking, then asked for more. I couldn't seem to get enough of the stuff!

caramelized prawns (tom rim)

If you're like me, nothing can go wrong with a prawn/shrimp dish. These caramelized prawns were succulent on the inside, crisp on the outside. Rất ngon! That would roughly translate to "incredibly delicious!".

Let's celebrate our 111th Independence Day!

17 comments:

sasha said...

Made me hungry just by looking at your photos! :) Happy Friday!

Willa said...

oh so yummy! I love grilled food and your ribs is absolutely delish!

Sarah A. Galang, Ph.D. said...

wow, I missed all the food in the Phil. looks yummy talaga...

http://sarahg26.blogspot.com
http://mymemoriesandcrystals.blogspot.com

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

I was there for dinner last night.
Had the deep fried catfish and the spicy tofu in lemongrass plus Saigon fried rice.
Truly yummy stuff ...

dagul

Meikah said...

Yummy!!!! I love grilled food, too.

Ladynred said...

Yumyum I love spareribs!

Mari said...

Oh, food, food. They make me hungry, and I've been hungry for the last 30 minutes and seeing these made me crave for food more.

Race said...

that's so yummy! i love grilled foods whether it's pork, seafoods or chicken, lalo na ang spareribs, your pics gets me drooling over your food entry!

Anya said...

i am more of a meat-eater, not so much of pork, i prefer beef, so you would forgive me if i choose the first dish, right? :))

Lynn said...

I love shrimp/prawn in any form. I am craving for the caramelized prawns. Yummy!

Arlene said...

looks yummy, Luna but for sure i will go hungry. :) hehehe

happy week-end! come by to grab your dessert. :)

Unknown said...

I knew it would be so very yummy with the nouc cham, I always the nouc cham to go along with anything that goes well with it.

maiylah said...

wow ... past midnight right now (so sorry for the late visit!) and my stomach's growling just looking (and reading) your post, Luna! lol

must try that dish with that dipping sauce .... :P

thanks so much for playing!
really appreciate it

happy weekend

agent112778 said...

that spareribs are yummy but i cant eat it so ill grab the shrimp

my entry for food friday is here


my entry for food trip friday is here

Great day for us Food Weekenders:)

Thanx for the Visit :)

Unknown said...

This is one yummy food, i missed the grilled food and ribs, with a bunch of rice hmmmm.

jeng said...

Yummy-ness!

iska said...

yummy looking spareribs you have there!
happy weekend!