Friday, June 26, 2009

Bon Appetit!

My mother calls in the middle of the day to remind me of her Cheese Pandesal---she seldom does that. So after work, I went straight to French Baker for the Cheese Pandesal and also picked out some of my favorite freshly-baked Cheese Muffins and Cheese Rolls.

By the way, I like French Baker's new store design at the Atrium as well as on the ground floor of SM Megamall but haven't tried their restaurant yet. I checked out the menu and it looks interesting, prices are affordable. Not particularly hungry, but the Chicken Cordon Bleu caught my attention---it made me think of Julia Child (played by Meryl Streep) cooking in her 60's kitchen!

So here it is...


French Baker's Chicken Cordon Bleu is a roulade of chicken layered with ham and cheese, rolled in seasoned sourdough bread crumbs and deep-fried, served on a bed of mashed potato with pan-roasted seasonal vegetables. A choice of a second side dish: rice or roll---I had rolls. I don't know if it was because of my cold, but I tasted an overpowering bitter flavor from the creamy topping, probably oregano.

French-inspired Chicken Cordon Bleu was actually developed in the US by chefs imitating other stuffed meat dishes from Europe. Cordon Bleu means “blue ribbon” and in French culinary tradition, the Cordon Bleu is awarded to food or chefs of particularly high quality.

Bon Appetit!



More scrumptious food awaits you at Food Friday and Food Trip Friday

15 comments:

Willa said...

French baker for me have the best tasting muffin, and your chicken cordon looks absolutely yummy!

Sasha said...

Ooohhh that's really yummy! I want one! :)

http://creyes.info/2009/06/food-friday-crablets/

Happy Friday!

♥peachkins♥ said...

It looks yummy naman miranda. Di ako maka-alis ngayon,gusto ko din i-try yan..

Clarissa said...

I love anything with cheese and I fell in love with that cheezy chicken cordon of yours!\(^0^)/Yum!Yum!!

Have a great weekend to you,Luna!!^_^

Race said...

i haven't tried that yet but I love French Baker dishes and also the pastries, i also love cheese whatever form and kahit saan ilagay :-) mine is up at http://my-crossroad.com/2009/06/food-friday-kare-kare.html

Zee said...

Wow! looks yummy Luna! Bon Appetit talaga! BTW I WILL see Julie&Julia! hahahaha looks like a fun movie

Unknown said...

I might as well try it when am about the city, will be in Manila in a few days...I am intrigued of that bitter taste hahaha...just kidding.

Jacris said...

I love your FTF entry yummy and the cheese OMG I'm craving to eat that! it looks so delicious=)

rossel said...

yeah this tastes good. good shot too. mins is posted here...
http://butterfly-kusinako.blogspot.com

mousey said...

ang sarap naman yan! pahingi naman!

happy weekend!

agent112778 said...

hmmm ma try nga yan minsan

my entry for food friday is here


my entry for food trip friday is here

Great day for us Food Weekenders:)

Thanx for the Visit :)

maiylah said...

been ages since i've been to French Baker ... mapuntahan nga ulit. :)

thanks for playing again, Luna
happy weekend

Ladynred said...

I love Chicken cordon bleu.. Super yummy!

Dj Mariñas said...

Wow. I always order carbonarra sa french baker. I'll try that next time. It looks really good :D

Panaderos said...

How I miss the French Baker. I enjoyed their pandesal when I was still living there. I'd love to try that chicken cordon bleu though. (Drooling)

Take care, my friend.