Friday, June 19, 2009

Itadakimasu [Let's eat!]


I've been feeling a bit under the weather since Monday---this endless rain rattles my bones. Even my taste buds are on strike. So I got myself a bowl of hot Miso soup and Gyoza the other night. Low calorie, protein-rich Miso soup is my elixir when I'm not feeling well. I'm not a big fan of tofu but I love Miso soup.

Miso soup is a traditional Japanese soup consisting of a stock called "dashi" into which softened miso paste is mixed. Miso, on the other hand, is a Japanese seasoning produced by fermenting soybeans with salt and a fungus called kojikin.


My bowl of Miso soup has tofu, spinach leaves, cilantro and spring onions.

pan-fried Gyoza and dipping sauce

Pork-stuffed, garlic-flavored, and pan-fried Gyoza (my friend S calls it Dyosa to annoy me) was my side dish. I was actually hoping the dipping sauce would awaken my sleeping taste buds, and it did!

Manpuku desu.

I'm full.

Posted for Food Friday and Food Trip Friday

15 comments:

Willa said...

i bet with the help of those yummy food, you already feel better. :) . get well!

maiylah said...

yummy! my son always orders miso soup and sashimi (while I always have my gyoza) when we visit one of our fave Japanese restaurants... been months since we've been there! mapuntahan nga ulit ... lol.

thanks for playing again, Luna

get well soon! :)

Race said...

yeah miso soup helps a lot in feeling better just like my entry at http://my-crossroad.com/2009/06/food-friday-milkfish-in-miso.html

Clarissa said...

Our meal isn't complete without a miso soup--it's a hearty soup kaya palaging nasa mesa and what a coincidence,we're having gyoza tonight as appetizer!^_^
Hope you feel better,Luna!!
Have a great weekend!!^_^

Enchie said...

I love Miso Soup too...perfect for the kind of weather we have now.

Jac said...

Miso soup is always in my menu every dinner,Very delicious and healthy also.Oh my gulay about your gyouza ang perfect combination nyan is Ramaen,yummy!!!

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love miso soup with lots of silk tofu!

Have a great weekend,miranda...

jeng said...

This will definitely make me feel better, too ; )

Unknown said...

I like that second pictures, looks interesting and delish. never tasted that yet.

Anya said...

the gyoza looks really, really appetizing, I also prefer fried gyoza than the steamed ones.

agent112778 said...

me love gyosa too than siomai :D

my entry for food friday is here


my entry for food trip friday is here

Great day for us Food Weekenders:)

Thanx for the Visit :)

iska said...

Yum! I feel like preparing sushi...

escape said...

this are my favorites. i wonder if you already tried the ones in binondo. uber sarap.

Dj Mariñas said...

I love dumplings. Those gyoza looks really good. hope you feel better now.

Ladynred said...

looks like a yummy soup! love soup kahit maninit ang panahon.