Monday, May 18, 2009

Palaisdaan in Tayabas - Weekend Snapshot

I hope you're not getting tired of my Tayabas series. I'd like to show you the rest of Palaisdaan Restaurant. Obviously, I love this place---the concept of huts by the fish pond and their promotion of traditional Filipino cuisine are wonderful. Palaisdaan is sitting in a 1.3 hectare elevated land at the foot of Mount Banahaw, approximately 136 kilometers from Manila and 8 kilometers from Tayabas town center. I love the food, the rustic ambiance, the lush vegetation, the cool climate and the abundance of water.

Aside from it's idyllic beauty, I've been returning to Palaisdaan for their ginataang suso with pako (native escargot with wild fern cooked in coconut milk). This dish is a native delicacy not easily found in Manila restaurants, and the fact that native escargots are eaten by sucking the meat from the shell makes it more exciting! The authentic feel of country life is something you can't buy in malls and restaurants in the city. The restaurant has 34 huts, 24 of which are floating, and a couple of pavilions for big events. The water in the fishponds, fountains and waterfall is coming from a nearby spring. Prices are reasonable---around P250/person. I also bought kesong puti (white cheese made from unskimmed carabao's milk) and native sweets from a vendor roaming around the restaurant.

with April and Cloyd
I love this nook by the parameter fence...it's a great place to sit quietly while having a cup of coffee, and gaze at the beautiful view of rice fields and Mount Banahaw.

Posted for Weekend Snapshot



18 comments:

Sidney said...

And all this washed down with a few bottles of pure lambanog...;-)

Ebie said...

Luna, anything rustic, Filipiniana will never bore me. It is something like a free tour and I enjoy every post you do. I just cant believe so much has been developed not only for locals but also for international guests.

Unknown said...

Sidney, you know Pinoys so well! lol

I tried two shots of lambanog in Tayabas---my gosh, it felt like I've swallowed fire! i was literally expecting fire to come out of my mouth!:D

Indrani said...

Yes, so true, country life is something you can't buy i malls and restaurants. Beautiful shots! I enjoyed seeing them. :)

Enchie said...

that's a perfect place if you wanna unwind and let go of city life...

Dennis Villegas said...

I'm not getting tired of your Tayabas series. I'm learning so much! Thanks for your hardwork! The pictures and stories are all great!

SASSY MOM said...

Ang sarap naman diyan... very peaceful view while you eat. Lovely place.

Thanks for dropping by.

eastcoastlife said...

The lovely landscaping gives me many great ideas to do up my garden. :)

I want to know more about traditional Filipino dishes.

SandyCarlson said...

What a gorgeous place! A dreamland.

Arlene said...

Hi Luna, ive already heard about this place several times and plus your photos now -- i will include this in my list tobe visited in the future.

Thanks for the visit!

Race said...

i've always love country life, we have our country hometown too in Laguna and I feel relaxed whenever I'm there! beautiful sceneries and great capture!

Carver said...

What a wonderfully beautiful and peaceful looking place. Glad you showed us more from this delightful place.

Heart of Rachel said...

That's a lovely place ideal for relaxation. I love ginataang kuhol.

Ladynred said...

What a nice place to visit..Beautiful talaga!

The Explorer said...

Luna, thanks for dropping by in my site. I like this post too.

escape said...

i like the last shot and the third shot. you've presented it so well again luna plus i just really miss this place.

Anonymous said...

I love the serene beauty of nature and nicely captured on your lenses superb....nice country side,

witsandnuts said...

Yum! Sobrang nagutom ako sa post mo. As in mouthwatered ako sa ginataang suso. I hope I'll be able to source out some snails this weekend. Haha, craving to the max!