Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lasang Pinoy: Over-the-top

One of my comfort foods---Pho Chin-Nam, a brisket and flank noodle soup at Pho Hoa. Pho, by the way, is white rice noodles in clear beef broth with thin cuts of beef. Fresh basil and beansprouts were added over-the-top of this Pho to add flavor to the broth. I also squeezed a wedge of lemon into the soup and added bits of red chili peppers. I usually order this pho when I'm not really hungry but craving for something to revive my sagging spirit.

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
~ Mark Twain


Posted for spiCes

7 comments:

raquel said...

i can taste the crunchiness of the bean sprouts and the sweet essence of the fresh basil! perfect!

witsandnuts said...

I miss Phoa. There's no much Vietnamese resto here. How I wish your photos will turn real and I'll surely grab it! =)

MUSHROOMSfromHOME said...

the vietnamese sure know their soup! lovely fotos! ang basil pala puwede rin ilagay sa beef soup, ano? kala ko sa pizza lang at pesto.

agent112778 said...

wow this one is a good alternative to beef mami

happy mom's day

my entry is heremagandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

ces said...

i am actually going to try my hand on making PHo! i bought the ingredients last weekend:) that's how much we love it here too!:)

Oggi said...

Ah yes, one of my favorites, beef brisket plus tendons...I'm lucky we have several Vietnamese restos in my area.

JMom said...

I love a good pho! I've been meaning to try making my own but the ones at the Vietnamese restaurants are so good, I'm afraid my attempt won't be as good.

I can almost smell the basil from your photo :)