Thursday, May 7, 2009

Aerating roots at Palaisdaan - Think Green Thursday


My first visit to this restaurant was at night, and I vowed to return for their ginataang suso with pako [native escargot and wild fern cooked in coconut milk] and explore the lush vegetation. Palaisdaan is located at the foot of the mystical Mount Banahaw, along the Tayabas-Lucban provincial road in Tayabas, Quezon. I love the mouth-watering food they serve here as well as the rustic ambiance, the abundance of greens and water, the cool mountain breezes.

In broad daylight, these aerating roots caught my attention. They're probably roots of an epi
phytic plant, sometimes called an "air plant" because they don't root in soil. The aerating roots give the place a sense of calm and stillness. I was Thinking Green and breathing in fresh air. The condition of these roots maybe useful in assessing the effects of air pollution and even ozone depletion.

We had lunch at Palaisdaan last Sunday, on our way back to Manila from Padre Burgos.

15 comments:

Dennis Villegas said...

wow ang ganda ng lugar--parang ang sarap puntahan. parang paradise siya--and i love suso (snails ha--hehehe)!

Photo Cache said...

This place looks mystical. I'm loving all the themed restaurant sprouting all over the PI.

I think it's high time to go for a visit.

Jim said...

That first shot is fabulous.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Unknown said...

hi, Dennis! makakalimutan mo pangalan mo sa ginataang suso nila (snails nga in english, lol).

Unknown said...

i hope you could visit this place, photo cache. they also have a small hotel. it's worth the long drive from manila.:D

Unknown said...

thank you for visiting, J Bar.

Anonymous said...

appreciate your efforts i know u vl hone ur skills by this hobby of ur my good wishes for u

Anonymous said...

I'd love to visit this restaurant. ;-)

Lovely photos for Think Green Thursday!

Paz

escape said...

ganda diyan! tagal na ako nakapunta diyan at hindi na nakabalik. sarap ng tilapia dahil preskong presko.

Jay - agent112778 said...

wow nice place

sana maibigan nyo rin ang aking lahokmagandang araw ka-litratista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

The Pagan's Eye said...

Hi, Luna Miranda

Your post is so lovely and I can't comment on your blog! :-( If you want, please cut and paste this email into the comments box on my behalf.

I'd LOVE to go to that restaurant. I love snails. I could almost smell that dish you describe with the coconut milk. Yummmmm....lovely photos, as always. Thank you for contributing!

bobbie said...

this must be an amazing place to visit. I have never seen anything like this before.

Amanda Guthrie said...

Aside from the fact that you posted some beautiful photos the reading was good too.

Marites said...

narinig ko na ang palaisdaan at laging maganda ang sinasabi..dapat puntahan!! ganda ng mga litrato mo :)

RA said...

What a wonderful place to dine with a lot of green thoughts! Have a great weekend, Miranda :)