Thursday, October 7, 2010

Aniseed Beef Tendon

@ mirandablue
One of my favorite dishes at North Park is the Nanking Beef and Aniseed Beef Tendon.  I love beef tendon, especially when it's tender and melts in your mouth.  And the distinctive flavor of aniseed was just perfect, not overwhelming.  I would buy beef tendon every week if not for my mom's uric acid level.:p

I was in San Juan last week and made a wrong turn at a one-way street.  I almost made a U-turn at a gas station when I noticed a North Park along P. Guevarra.  As usual, it was way past lunchtime and the place was almost empty (which I prefer to a lunchtime crowd).

I got these shrimp dumplings (hakao) for appetizer.  It was a delightful lunch.

@ mirandablue

More mouth-watering servings at Food Trip Friday and Food Friday



21 comments:

☺lani☺ said...

Wow, delicous! The beef looks really good!

Dhemz said...

holy camote....ang sarap...oh boy oh boy!

upto6only said...

haven't tried this one sa north park and it looks so rich and yummy.

Tara said...

Wow, they look so delicious. I do love beef tendons too.

nuts said...

oh my, i love the thick sauce in your beef.. i'm drooling here.. delightful lunch indeed!

i♥pinkc00kies said...

*hungry*

maiylah said...

looks good...am sure perfect yan with hot steamed rice!

Cecile said...

wow, sarap, miss ko na tong aniseed beef tendon...pahingi naman oh...

Mom Daughter Style said...

sarap naman

Nathalie said...

Missing North Park.

Nakakagutom yung photos.

If you have time, do drop by:

French Baker Review

Stir Fried Veggies with Tofu

Verna Luga said...

awwwww.... amoy na amoy ko ... love that hakao sis....

the photo is fantastic...
sis thank you very much for the vote...

Food Trip Friday Here

Enchie said...

The best talaga North Park, love everything on their menu :)

Madz said...

I just love large, high res scrumptious food photos like these! Cheers to that! :)

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I think I want the sauce on top of steaming white rice! yummy!!!!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Love that green leafy veggy that comes with it sis.. Parang you are dining out everyday hehehe.

Spice Up Your Life

Jenn Valmonte said...

I am not a fan of foods laden with anise, but the dumplings looked delish!

My Food Trip Friday post is now up here:
Midway Grill - La Union.
Do drop by if you have the time. Happy weekends!

agent112778 said...

the dumplings are calling my name...

here's my FTF entry
here's my Food Friday entry

Sreisaat said...

My mouth watered at the sight of the beef tendon! And dumplings! Never mind if I don't eat beef -- I could almost taste the aniseed flavour...yumyumyum!




We Ate This!

Francisca said...

In the years we played tennis in Makati on Saturday's we often went to North Park after... the aniseed beef was a favorite.

Clarissa said...

Sobrang tasty ng food mo,LM!Bigla akong ginutom!!^_^

re:yup,matcha is a japanese powdered green tea.It's very bitter in taste but healthy.I love 'em in blends.

Have a nice week ahead!

Anonymous said...

Ang sarap naman niyan, nakakagutom tuloy!
Visit my site as well para magutom ka rin http://angsarap.wordpress.com