Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Caramoan - Matukad Island [Watery & Outdoor Wednesday]

My recent trip to Caramoan is something that I wouldn't forget in a long time. The rugged, natural beauty of this peninsula is like nothing I've seen before. Matukad Island was the second islet we visited on Black Saturday, and it made quite an impression. Nobody lives in Matukad, and it has a short stretch of powdery white sand beach with turquoise water, limestone rock formations and flourishing vegetation. This islet is a favorite island-hopping destination at the Caramoan Peninsula. If you want to stretch your legs, doing a bit of island exploration would reveal a hidden lake behind the jagged rock formations. To see the lake, we had to climb the scraggy rocks. For someone like me who never tried rock-climbing before, the experience was both scary and exhilarating.

this photo was taken by April Manzano
A glimpse of the mysterious Matukad lake from my vantage point.
Here's a better view of the lake taken by April.

Don't try rock-climbing wearing flip-flops! Yeah, that's me catching my breath. Why? Why, why, why, why do I do this????

view from the top
On the way down, I snapped this picturesque splendor of a tropical paradise that is Matukad.

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



31 comments:

Kim, USA said...

OMG this place is so beautiful!!

EG CameraGirl said...

The colour of the water is amazing. I'm so glad you didn't get hurt climbing in flip flops!

Wolynski said...

What a paradise - absolutely stunning. What's a Black Saturday?

Unknown said...

@ Wolynski, Black Saturday is the final day of the Holy Week, the final day of the traditional 40 day Lenten Fast, and commemorates Jesus lying in the tomb until his resurrection on Easter Sunday.:p

Thanks for visiting.

Martha Z said...

What a beautiful spot, I'd love to vacation there.

 gmirage said...

Wow! Impressive water color (?)! It looks really clean...at shempre akyat ang beauty mo talaga---hihi sana malakas ang loob ko sa ganyan, ang ganda ng view, spectacular lalo na sguro kung personal nakikita.

Photo Cache said...

the place is heavenly. and you got to climb some rock too. how's the accommodations?

Shey said...

Such a beautiful place to visit! The lake looks refreshing too.

Ebie said...

Its like a paradise and hidden treasure to me!

Yeah, you dare with your flipflops! But it looks fun!

Ann said...

Looks like an amazing adventure and a wonderful island! Thanks for sharing. : )

Jan said...

Absolutey awesome scenery... and you are very fit to attempt the climbs.
Blessings,
Jan

Lianne said...

oh wow i want to visit caramoan!!!!!

Light and Voices said...

You must have been visiting heaven!
Joyce M

Serline said...

Wow, this is pretty close to paradise perfection... I miss the beach!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such a stunning place! A magical world to wander and enjoy fresh Nature

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh my word what a beautiful place! I love the way the boats look in the colorful water.

HalfCrazy said...

Hi there, fellow Pinay!

Wow, that's amazing, rock climbing, I've never done that before but I would really like to try! That's a good shot of the lake, mukhang mysterious nga, baka binabantayan ng Bathala. :)

Natasha in Oz said...

I can't believe the colour of the water! It looks spectacular.

Best wishes and thanks also for visiting!

Natasha.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much for this escape fromt the mountains and hills one is surrounded by here in Athens.
Beautiful photography indeed ! Please have a wonderful Wednesday.

daily athens

Allison Shops said...

What a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing. Dropping by from Outdoor Wednesday.

Allison
AtticMag

Animor said...

Ganda-ganda naman dyan...I really miss the beach in Phils., can't wait to have our holiday, it's very soon..,

Where is that Caramoan Island? What part?

Laura said...

beautiful :)

Let's Talk Over a Cup of Coffee said...

Would love to explore in this place. Hope I could someday. It's nice entry for watery Wednesday.

Lina Gustina said...

Stunning views...

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

What a lovely place!

Sidney said...

Wow...you are fearless... going inside holes/caves...climbing rock formations... what is next ? :-0

Maryrose said...

Oh absolutely gorgeous. You got some great shots of a great time.

JTG (Misalyn) said...

A paradise. Thanks for sharing those fantastic shots. Taga Camarines Norte lang ako pero hindi ko pa narating yan part ng Camarines Sur na yan. Next vacation hindi ko talaga palalagpasin yan. Seeing your photos, mas lalo akong naengganyo.

Unknown said...

A heavenly place on earth, and its in the Philippines. Wow!!!

Eden said...

Wow, this is a lovely place to place. Hope I can visit there someday. Thanks for sharing.

About my post, Manly Beach, I am sorry I really don't know why they named it Manly. I have to search more about it :). have a great weekend!

Mookie-Mookie said...

I miss that place. :) i wanna climb that place again someday!