Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Don't quote me

my night-table


A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face. It is one of the few havens remaining where a man's mind can get both provocation and privacy. ~Edward P. Morgan


Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. ~Charles W. Eliot


Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new after all. ~Abraham Lincoln

7 comments:

Sidney said...

But you need time... I hardly read anymore those days... :-(

 gmirage said...

I agree with Lincoln! =)

Lovely photo with the use of low light...Is that also a book on the side or a photo on frame?

I need to read more english books coz my english is 'drying up.' I think I have to stop watching too much Japanese stuff lol. Thanks for the quotes.

Anonymous said...

Book? What kind of animal is this? Probably an endangered specie among the computer whiz kids LOL. Just teasing...

Unknown said...

We need to make time for things that we love doing, Sidney. My one advantage is that I have a sleeping disorder so I read, read, read while people are sleeping.:)

Unknown said...

It's a photo of my night table, Gzel, beside my pile is a picture frame. That's a picture of myself with a friend, taken in Pagudpod ages ago. Walang magawa pag di makatulog (hehehe).

Unknown said...

True, bertn. Books are becoming passe in this computer age. That's a shame! Computers, the internet and all the high tech gadgets are wonderful, but a great book is still my first love.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!