Friday, January 29, 2010

Rocky paradise [Friday-Finding Beauty]

Walking down fifty or so steps from a cliff to reach this rocky paradise was a breeze. Buho (a Visayan word for "hole") Rock Garden is a resort built on top on a group of rocky islets in Camotes Island. I spent a few days in Camotes Island not for the mojitos or to luxuriate in a spa, but for peace, quiet and solitude. I came for the clean air, fresh seafoods, and the enchanting wonders of the island. I came for the experience to stand at the edge of a cliff, completely captivated by the stillness of the sea as it gracefully envelops the setting sun.

"Discovering this idyllic place, we find ourselves filled with a yearning to linger here, where time stands still and beauty overwhelms."

Posted for Friday-Finding Beauty, hosted by Claudia at DipityRoad

9 comments:

BailiwickStudio said...

It looks like a wonderful place! ::Jill

pam said...

Oh my word....that looks glorious. I've never been a beach or ocean person, always preferred the back country of mountains but something is growing in me, stirring to visit such a captivating place as this...wow...the thought of stopping the world and taking it all in. wow

Claudia said...

That place looks like somewhere you could enjoy ever facit that you mentioned. OHH to stand and enjoy and breath in the freshness and beauty.

Thank you so much for sharing!

TTFN~~ Claudia

Jane said...

Beautiful shots Miranda, thanks for sharing them:)

Kat said...

These are beautiful shots of a glorious place. I can almost hear the surf and feel the breeze. The last photo in particular just makes you feel calmer looking at it. Kathy

EG CameraGirl said...

This is truly a paradise!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Miranda sweetie...
Beauty abounds this serene place. Oh my goodness it is a place you would not take one moment for granted. I can only imagine the beautiful sunrises and sunsets that appear at this magical place each day. No two the same. No two the same moment. Never seen the same through any two pairs of eyes.

God was truly busy here with his paintbrush and hands. My gosh. I can feel the cool breeze on my face. I can smell the sea air, and hear the sea gulls screaming of peace. The warm sand beneath my feet warms my heart and soul. So beautiful. Oh I cannot thank you enough for giving me this glimpse of what you saw and experienced in this beautiful paradise.

Have a beautiful Friday Miranda, and again thank you my friend for sharing. Country hugs and much love...Sherry

Photo Cache said...

I can just sit and watch the -- everything. It must be truly idyllic in that paradise.

Regina said...

Beautiful place. Great view!
Happy weekend Miranda.