Friday, January 22, 2010

Fried Shrimp Balls

I once hand-carried a box of "food for the gods" to the States and the US Customs officers were fascinated why it's called "food for the gods". I told them they'd feel closer to heaven when they eat the cookie.

If they see these crawly lumps, they'd probably call it "food for the aliens". I was thinking of bizarre-looking creatures from outer space that we've seen in the movies. These messy lumps are actually shrimp balls wrapped in wonton strips and then deep fried. It's crispy on the outside (wonton noodles), soft and tasty on the inside (shrimp paste)---dip it in ketchup or in sweet and spicy sauce. Lose that eww look on your face---it's a delightful appetizer!



14 comments:

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

When i saw on the comment love fried shrimp ball, I expect the usual ball looking thingy just to find out it's far from being one. :D

Anonymous said...

ditto with willa. clever idea though on using wonton strips. i'm sure my son who loves tempura would love this also. all because of that crunchy wonton strips.

happy ff!

~Cheryl said...

Sounds and looks delicious! I'd try these in a heartbeat!

magiceye said...

seems yummilicious!

Sheren-May said...

they were so cute to eat :) happy weekends Miranda.

Sunshinelene said...

Hehehehe indeed they look like little alien creatures. :) Happy snacking them, Luna!

May you have a great weekend!

Arlene
http://arlenecollado.com/2010/01/21/ftf-26-food-friday/

Ebie said...

Anything seafood, that's my kind of treat!

AC said...

WOW! Food for the aliens it is! LOL
I would like to taste some of those. I'm sure I can finish them in one sitting.

Enchie said...

Wow gusto i-try... anything basta seafood and this looks different and very appetizing.

Karine said...

Those look amazing!!!

Kim, USA said...

Hi Luna thanks girl for visiting me I do appreciate it. This looks like creepy for foreigners but for us Pinoy naku it doesn't matter, lalo na it is made of shrimp that is yummy hehe!

Happy weekend!

SkyWatchFriday~Sunset

 gmirage said...

Neat! I'd enjoy that surely, the food of the god's as well! ;)

♥peachkins♥ said...

WOW! it looks good!

maiylah said...

i wouldn't hesitate to try that! ;)

thanks for playing, LM
so sorry for the very late visit ...

enjoy the rest of the week!