Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chinatown [Ruby Tuesday]

To welcome the Chinese New Year, I am posting some Chinese reds for Ruby Tuesday.

You wouldn't miss something red when you visit a Chinatown anywhere in the world. This is the entrance to Seattle's Chinatown and International District that spans some 44-blocks south of downtown Seattle. The community has Chinese and Japanese gardens, museums, Asian restaurants and stores. I went to the Uwajimaya, one of the largest Asian grocery and gift stores in the Pacific Northwest, looking for some fabric I needed for my presentation. I ended up buying cream puffs.:p

Posted for Ruby Tuesday

10 comments:

Jama said...

This is the perfect time to go down Chinatown to photograph for all red things, there's plenty there!
I have lots of chinese neighbour, most of them will be hanging the new red lantern to replace the old ones, time for me to go red-hunting! lol

GingGoy said...

made me remember to go to chinatown on valentines day hehe

Laura said...

Makes me want to take a trip up to our Chinatown! When the rain stops.....

Maia T said...

Beautiful shot and nicely colored gate.

Lindz said...

I've read somewhere that the chinese believe red is a lucky color that's why you'll find many red in their shops

Kim, USA said...

When is the chinese new year? I missed the hopia, kikiam, champoy, tikoy etc ^_^

Fish minus chips

escape said...

one of my favorite community when it comes to food. i need to explore their culture too.

Annie Jeffries said...

What a familiar scene. I never get tired of the pleasure I receive when I see this entrance to Chinatown. Over the years, it has never diminished.

Amanda Moore said...

Very pretty to look at thanks for sharing and happy New Year!

Felisol said...

Seattle Chinatown looks very interesting.
Funny, I always think of Seattle as a Nordic town.
Yet the Chinese decorations look very authentic.