Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ruby Tuesday: cock-a-doodle-doo


A hand-crafted rooster wall decor from a showroom I visited a few weeks ago. It's made of die-cut and painted tin. The rooster kinda reminds me of a nursery rhyme.

Cock a doodle do!
What is my dame to do?
Till master's found his fiddlingstick,
She'll dance without her shoe.

Cock a doodle do!
My dame has found her shoe,
And master's found his fiddlingstick,
Sing cock a doodle do!

Cock a doodle do!
My dame will dance with you,
While master fiddles his fiddlingstick,
And knows not what to do.

Posted for Ruby Tuesday, hosted by Mary.

9 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

that's neat!

Please come and find out what our little fashionista has to say.

EJ said...

My daughter and I were born in the year of the rooster, it would be nice if we can try that place one day..
I would like to share our Mellow weekend

Carletta said...

Although it's new it looks vintage. I'm especially of signs made of tin - this is a very nice example!
Happy Ruby Tuesday!
Carletta’s Captures.

witsandnuts said...

I remember this rhyme! I liked it that the upper portion was made of "banig".

Felisol said...

What a colorful, checkered rooster.
Indeed one of a kind!
From Felisol

Meikah said...

This entry is funny and cute! I remember that poem very well, too! =)

My RT entry is here.

Hootin Anni said...

Reminds me of Julia Child....the "Bon Appetit" lady.

My R T is posted. In honor of Veterans [kinda sorta]...it's museum quality to be sure.

Click Here

Happy Tuesday to you!

Momgen said...

It is cute...happy Ruby Tuesday.

Mine is here

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Crimson tin rooster,
do you wish that you could crow,
greeting morning sun?