Friday, March 13, 2009

Sky-Watch Friday: sunset and twilight

One of the joys of being outside rather than vegetating on the couch is the sight of this lovely sunset. My Sunday afternoon routine of running/walking has been rewarding, not only because of the health benefits but because I love this time of day...sunset then twilight.

Photos were taken at the officers' club oval track last Sunday.


Twilight: A time of pause when nature changes her guard. All living things would fade and die from too much light or too much dark, if twilight were not.

~ Howard Thurman


Join sky-watchers from around the world at Sky-Watch Friday

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Beautiful photos, quotes and music. A very nice way to start my Friday so Thank you:)

Tara said...

What lovely golden sky and the framing is just great...thanks for visiting always...love your posts here.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful sunset pictures you've got here :)
Happy Weekend!!!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Oh wow, these are stunning! Especially the first one - my favourite. Yes, I would agree, they certainly do add to the advantages of a running schedule!
Janice.

floreta said...

i really like how the sun is framed in the first picture! the plants make a circle.

Gattina said...

You are lucky to be able to watch such beautiful sunsets !
With all the clouds here I have to stay on my couch, lol!

Photo Cache said...

I hardly get to enjoy sunsets or sunrises in person so I am always thankful for players like you who shares them with me.

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous shots! I couldn't agree more with finding beauty while walking/running. Some of my favorite views have happened during those times!

Caprice- said...

Miranda-
Your first shot is INCREDIBLE! It looks like something you'd see on an ad for a travel agent or airline. It is very, very nice. Sorry I don't mean to gush but the composition and the colors are perfectly done. Very nicely done!
Caprice

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Beautiful pictures!

chrome3d said...

Yes, twilight is important and it makes great photos too! Lovely set of pics.