Friday, March 27, 2009

Shrimp & Salmon Kebab


Here's what I had for dinner the other night at Texas Roadhouse---shrimps and salmon kebab on a bed of java rice. The skewered cubes of salmon needed macro lens, or were they grilled to smithereens? But yes, I definitely tasted salmon. I also love the grilled mushroom topping and lemon-butter dip.

Kebab is Middle Eastern in origin and best eaten with rice; satay is the Southeast Asian version, and the Pinoy counterpart is barbecue. The dish consists of a variety of meat, fish or shellfish on a skewer and grilled over wood or charcoal fire. Fruits and vegetables are often threaded on kebab stick as well. Typical vegetables include mushrooms, bell pepper, tomato, onions and eggplant.


Posted for Food Friday

15 comments:

Sidney said...

Looks yummy...and enough on the plate to feel busog! ;-)
What do you drink with that? Beer?

Unknown said...

hi, Sidney! San Mig Light is great with this dish. but i usually have cali light (watching the calories hehehe).

Anonymous said...

Ooohh yummy! I love kebabs! :)

 gmirage said...

Oh you habe a much yummy salmon dish here!

Anonymous said...

o my! salmon and shrimp!!!and grilled! and java rice!!!ooohhh! yum-meh!

Anonymous said...

yes to kebaps!

happy weekend!

Connie T. said...

This looks good. Now I am hungry.

Connie T. said...

This looks good.

Caprice- said...

Looks Yummy! I love kebobs and BBQ them often.
Happy Friday!
Caprice

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

oh.. yummyy!!! yummy!!! i love shrimps! but salmon kebab is a NO NO for me. I dont like cooked salmon. I prefer to eat it raw or sushi style. :)

agent112778 said...

oo nga nakakabusog nga yan and i love slamon

my entry is here

Great day for us Food Friday Eaters :)
Thanx for the Visit :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, that looks really good. Tamang-tama pang Holy Week. :D

maiylah said...

yum .... ang sarap! agree ako with Liza: tamang-tama pang Holy Week. :)

thanks for playing again, Luna
happy weekend

iska said...

looks delicious! the portion is huge...

bang said...

Mukhang masarap ah. Kakagutom! Yum! Yum!