Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ruby Tuesday: wild berries

This bright red cluster of wild berries caught my eye while walking in the forest two weeks ago. They're almost hidden under the bushes so I didn't pick any. One basic rule when dealing with nature is be really hesitant with red. My grandfather always warned to stay away from any red insect, and yes, if in doubt, avoid red berries---especially the ones that birds don't like. I don't know if these wild berries are edible or not, but they look succulent and pretty and I couldn't resist to take a photo.

Posted for Ruby Tuesday


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The berry almost look like a flower :)
Beautiful for Ruby Tuesday!

EG CameraGirl said...

Yes, it's very smart to beware any berry you can't identify. Nice photo!

Nukke said...

Very interesting find !!!

Sidney said...

Nice color combination...red and green... and yes...they look like flowers.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would be attracted to take a photo, too! Doesn't look like anything I would want to put in a pie. Lovely capture.

Amber Star said...

Your grandfather gave you good advice and the picture is very interesting.

Dianne said...

I like the pattern they make, very pretty photo

every time your site opens Fritz makes me smile :)

Anonymous said...

The flower at the center give different green minded presentation. LOL

Anonymous said...

When I was doing field works in the Philippines, I was advised by a boondock sage not to eat any inviting fruits or whatnots strange to me that the birds do not eat. I never did! But it was because I had no need to.

To this day, I do not know if there was a grain of truth in what he said but I thanked him for his unsolicited advice. I know it was given in good faith.

escape said...

hidden yet because of their color, searching for it will be exciting.