Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chicken & Pasta in Mango Cream Sauce

I had red meat overload around Christmas so I looked for a chicken and pasta recipe on line and found this at AllRecipes.com.  I love mango salsa with fish and pork and was curious at mango sauce for pasta.  This was the first time that I used mango sauce on pasta and what a pleasant surprise!  I love the creamy, delicate, fruity flavor blending with the mild spicy flavors of ginger and bell pepper.


I'd like to do this again using mango that is not quite ripe (but not green), and probably use more ginger, green & red bell peppers, garlic and onion.  This was a hit to my cousins who came by on New Year's Day.

 

17 comments:

Charlene N. K. said...

Mango? Wow, that's something new to me! Looks so yummy. Great images too.

maiylah said...

interesting! mango? gusto ko subukan to! will click on that link...

thanks much for sharing and linking over at Food Friday, LM
have a great weekend!

mymy said...

i like this! must be refreshing :)

Jessica Cassidy said...

looks very appetizing to eat :-) My family loves noodles and love chicken and the little girl loves mango, perfect to try this recipe :-) Dropping by from Food Friday :-)

Oggi said...

It sounds great and something different. I'll try it for sure.:)

docgelo said...

Now that's something my palates haven't tried, Luna!
What a fusion of flavors!
Looks so interesting!

Hazel said...

Mango cream sauce is a hit to me too. Love it. Congrats on your creation.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Aha, my husband just asked me this morning, if we ever use mango in cooking. I told him that I am not sure.

That would be great to try!

Mellow Yellow

Gemma Wiseman said...

This looks so divine! And the presentation is wonderful!

lina@home sweet home said...

Wow, makes me curious about the taste :)

Liz said...

Sounds and look delicious. Ma-try nga. :)

Corned Beef Soup

Hootin Anni said...

Yummy....got any leftovers for me? Looks delicious.

Come view my post if you find time today: They Call ME Mellow Yellow

Jannibele said...

Mmmmm, delicious!

Kim, USA said...

Pasta one of my favorite, yum!

Rackell said...

wow! looks so yummy!!! I will try this one for my husband.. :)

http://rackell24lumberio.blogspot.com/2013/01/focaccia-slice-of-italy.html

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

Mango Cream Sauce....hmmm.....

Jessica Cassidy said...

Pasta and mango= delish :-) Back this time from last week's Food Trip Friday :-)