Thursday, June 30, 2011

Comfort Eating? [T2Q]

@ mirandablue
It was one of those days when I wasn't really hungry but wanted to munch on something.  I was not tense or stressed, just bored.  My first instinct was to get a fully-loaded burger and fries at Wendy's but as I thought of calories and high blood pressure, I made a beeline for a Chinese restaurant.  At least, it would give me better choices.:p

The chicken and corn soup was really hot--it forced me to concentrate and kept me occupied for a while.


These steamed vegetable dumplings with shrimps were delicious, love the dipping sauce!  Too bad, I was already burping after finishing the soup and wasn't able to finish the dumplings.  I had the remaining pieces bagged for takeout--my nephew finished it off.

My questions for Thursday 2 Questions - you are invited to answer and join.

1)  What are your favorite comfort foods?

2)  Do you or do you not believe that people resort to comfort eating when times are hard?



@ mirandablue



9 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I am absolutely, truly, drooling here just reading what you chose for your menu. MUCH MUCH better than burgers and fries. Oh....wish I'd been with you.

My Thursday Post Link: The GAMBLER

Kayni said...

hmm...now i'm hungry.

1.) my fave food is sinigang na bangus.

2.) i think so. often when i'm stressed or miss home, i cook my fave food.

Icy BC said...

Comfort food to me is soup, noodle soup of any kind!

I agree, I turn to food when I need a little comforting..

Yummy looking dumplings..

SquirrelQueen said...

The chicken and corn soup sounds delicious.

Soups are my favorite comfort food, chicken vegetable is my first choice.

Yes, comfort foods take us back to home and family and make us feel safe.

Self Sagacity said...

I have a lot of comfort stuff :-), my comfort food is soup, any kind of soup. Then comes beef jerky, or other kinds of salty chewy kinds of food. I guess it helps when I chew. :-)
Yes, I do think many people resort to eating what they love when they are moody. Somehow the brain thinks the food will satisfy the mind given it is being fed something it loves.

Self Sagacity said...

Hope you're feeling better after your meal. Chicken soup sounds delicious, thanks for hanging out with T2Q today.

Colette S said...

One of my fave comfort food is fettuccine. Too bad I can't make it!

2. I think some people do, but I feel people have various things that comfort them in the times of hard.

Aloha!

DoanLegacy said...

I want some of that food now! Home cook dishes are my fave! Rice is comfort food for me!

Oman said...

my comfort food is chicken sopas that nanay used to make. whenever i am down, i eat sopas but never truly satisfied because they suffer in comparison to my nanay's sopas.

when times are hard, i believe that people resort to comfort eating because they usually tend to the thinking that "puro na nga problema eh bakit di ko na lang kainin ang gusto ko, tutal di naman aalis agad yang mga problema na yan eh."