Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cartagena islets [Watery Wednesday]

@ mirandablue
Drive-by shots from an outrigger boat.  These are clusters of limestone islets off Cartagena Beach in Sipalay City, ancient relics of coral reefs that violently surfaced millions of years ago.  Most parts of these islets are uninhabited but the surrounding area is ideal for diving because of the rich marine life.  

@ mirandablue
These two were spearfishing...and they didn't have to get wet!:p
I wonder if the holes on the coral walls are caves or erosion from thousands millions of years of wave action.

@ mirandablue

@ mirandablue
People say that what we're all seeking in life is a meaning for life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think that what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experience on the purely physical plane will have resonances within our innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive. ~ Joseph Campbell
@ mirandablue
March 2011

My contribution to Watery Wednesday

12 comments:

Suburban Girl said...

Wow, what interesting formations. I have never seen anything like it. I like that last photo with the house in it too. Very interesting.

Photo Cache said...

so beautiful and peaceful out there. did you stop at any of the islets?

Chubskulit Rose said...

I have seen similar view such as this in Korea before. Great captures.!!

Watery Wednesday at my page.

docgelo said...

serenity & simplicity echo in your photos.
i wonder how people live with such less near those rock formation.

eden said...

Wow, love to visit the place one day! Beautiful photos.

Rimkogeren said...

Thanks for your greeting :-)
Lovely images.

fjÀllripan said...

Oh what a wonderful place, love the water and the rocks!

Nonoy said...

Beautiful sight. Like a lagoon in an island. I wish I can get to Sipalay City someday.

Anyway, you might want to check out San Victor Island in Davao Oriental; it's also a virgin island. Thanks.

EG CameraGirl said...

I really like the Joseph Campbell quote. For sure, photography is one of my life's experiences that makes me feel alive because I notice and enjoy so much when I'm taking photos.

NatureFootstep said...

I love the last shot. with the houses on the edge. Looks dangerous but so beautiful. :)

Irene said...

Lovely place ... nice shots!

lina@happy family said...

It's really awesome captures, Luna. I've never seen islets before...

Thanks for dropping by :)