Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A nameless river [Watery Wednesday]

@ mirandablue
There was no name to remember this river by.  I was a stranger to its turquoise ripples, there was no memory waiting to surface as I watched the current whirl around the rocks.  

I didn't know the river's twists and turns; its scents were sweet but unfamiliar.

Every rock and blade of grass didn't know the texture of my skin; the trees crouching by its banks didn't know my name. 

Yet every playful splash, every refreshing spray, was an embrace.  Its whispers and murmurs sang of journeys I have yet to take.

@ mirandablue
 Trust in what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go. ~ Natalie Goldberg
@ mirandablue
Brgy. Purisima, Manapla, Negros Occidental
April 2011


Posted for Watery Wednesday


22 comments:

Cecilia Artista said...

Beautiful photos from a very nice place!

Photo Cache said...

the color is delightful.

EG CameraGirl said...

The turquoise water is delightful!

Karen said...

Looks like a peaceful place. Terrific shots and lovely prose.

2sweetnsaxy said...

So lush and green. It looks like the kind of place you'd find a hidden temple full of treasures.

Anonymous said...

What a promise this bridge seems to be. What a magical place.


daily athens

Unknown said...

A beautiful sheen over the water. And so peaceful!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful and scenic river shots, I love the turquoise color. Happy WW and great shots.

genie said...

The Goldberg quote is beautiful as are your photos. What a gorgeous part of the world. Your captures are stunning. HWW. genie

Stef said...

I miss the rivers back in our province. It pretty much look like this. Here's my entry. Thanks and see you!

Kim, USA said...

The water looks clean. Sarap maligo dyan ^_^

Vegetation

janakidiary said...

Is this in Negros? There are so many unknown but beautiful rivers in the area :)

stardust said...

I like to walk along a river listening to the whispering of the water, even when I don't know its name. Your words are poetic and photos are refreshingly lovely.

Rosie Gan said...

Beautiful lines about you and the river. The photos are lovely too.
Rosie

Fotokarusellen said...

Beautiful images from a very beautiful place. Wonderful colors. Well done.

Tina´s PicStory said...

Nice water. This green touch is so beautiful. LG Tina

Linda said...

Wonderful watery Wednesday shots!!

Irene said...

Nice water shots!

James said...

What a great looking place. I like the color of the water!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Looking at your pics makes me miss my childhood.

Beautiful shots!

Late Visiting for WW, here's my Watery Wednesday. Drop by when you can, thanks!

Ladynred said...

what a lovely place to visit..so refreshing!
http://ilovemyguineapigs.com

Unknown said...

I love the colors in these photos. They are so peaceful looking.