Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cards [Photo Hunt]


@ mirandablue
After leaving Hallmark for more than a decade, I still have some of the cards we worked on.  I kept some of the designs that gave the team the biggest headaches to remind myself of small victories.  The Manila office specialized in handmade cards in those days---we started receiving card designs from Hallmark (Kansas City) around the mid-90's.  Vendors utilized handmade paper and applied natural materials such as shells, twigs and dried flowers to embellish the cards. The card above was different because of the hand-sewn doll (to be used as pin or brooch) attached to the card.  The project was a nightmare!  The designer specifically wanted a curl on the doll's forehead and the blush should be perfect.  Because of the doll's size (about 3" tall), it was difficult to get a consistent curl or a perfect blush.  About 30,000 units of this card were shipped to the States---imagine the hair and sleep I lost on this one.*LOL*

I had a "thing" with a guy named Miguel many years ago, and here's what my friend who lives in California sent me for Valentine's Day!  

@ mirandablue
This V-Day card gave me a huge belly laugh!

Greeting cards with the sender's sincere sentiments can really brighten our day.  But with the advent of e-cards, it seems only a few people mail "real" cards these days.  I miss the thrill of receiving cards from friends.


Enjoy Photo Hunt

15 comments:

YTSL said...

You worked for Hallmark? Sounds like it'd be an interesting company to work for. :)

Photo Cache said...

Very clever takes, especially the last one. I'd love to rec'd a card like that :).

jmb said...

Two wonderful photos you found for this theme.

Happy weekend to you.

Nature Rambles said...

Wow, I can imagine what those days must have been like! Cute doll and thanks for sharing the other card.;)
Your post reminded me about HOW important it was to get/receive cards those days! Sadly, that's gone forever!

eastcoastlife said...

It must be fun designing cards for all occasions.

I too miss receiving cards and snail mail from friends. My pretty mail box is usually filled with bills and junk mail. :(

Carver said...

Great take on the theme. I love the first card and the second one is so much fun.

magiceye said...

lovely takes on the theme!

Colin Campbell said...

You are an expert in this theme.

MaR said...

I love real greeting cards, e-cards aren't the same!! fun take on the theme, happy weekend!

my card

jenny said...

That last card is extra funny because of your story! My mom always said I should have made cards for a living because I made them for relatives when I was a child. It could have been something I could have made a living at, maybe!

Have a good weekend. :-)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Thanks for stopping in. I had trouble with this one. I do sent cards but the ones I sent I get from the thrift store. The store want so much for them.
Coffee is always on.

Oman said...

cute naman. when i was younger din, i have a major crush on gretchen barreto that my sister often gives me something that has gretchen on it. :)

have a great day luna.

escape said...

alam na alam kung anong ipapadala sa yo. hahaha...

CherryPie said...

How cool that you worked for a greetings card company :-)

I do still send cards but I make them myself by using my own photos. My friends love them :-)

rjs mama said...

does your miguel really look like that? macho! ;)

Mom-ME time is up, please join :)