Thursday, July 15, 2010

Carpaccio di Salmone

@ mirandablue
We already had pizza at Yellow Cab and I was not planning to eat again.  But as we window-shopped around the Eastwood tiangge, I caught Sally eyeing the "ship" at Il Pirata, an Italian bar and grill along the City Walk.  Before the night was over, we were drinking SMB Light at the deck of the ship.  I ordered Carpaccio di Salmone (I love saying that!) for appetizer--it's a plate of smoked salmon, capers, fresh lettuce, olive oil  and vinegar dressing.  I was not really in the mood for beer but I enjoyed the appetizer---although I wished there were more smoked salmon on the plate.:p
Carpaccio is a dish of raw meat or fish generally thinly sliced or pounded thin and served as an appetizer.




16 comments:

maiylah said...

hehehe, it does sound good! looks good, too!
i have been seeing that "ship" everytime we go there, pero haven't eaten there yet.
one of these days ...

Tara said...

REally, these are appetizing Miranda. I'm also wishing for some smoked salmon...Hhhmmm...mine is at the Guiltless Grub page.

escape said...

magugustuhan ko nga to... may sashimi tapos fresh vege

Chubskulit Rose said...

Looks so healthy and yummy!

Spice Up your Life

Sreisaat said...

Carpacio seems like kinilaw to me, isn't it?
Have a fun weekend, Luna.


We Ate This!

♥peachkins♥ said...

I don't like the food at Il Pirata but this looks yummy!



my entry is here

Jenn Valmonte said...

I already saw that Il Pirata in Eastwood, but I am a bit hesitant to come in because prices might be a bit expensive.

My FTF is served HERE.

Clarissa said...

I'm drooling over here,LM!!I would love that carpaccio di salmone ( ang sosyal ng pangalan!)with matching wine on the table.italian na italian!!

Cecile said...

very appetizing naman tong entry mo :-); kailan ko kaya matitikman yan?

iska said...

Sounds divine! And I love smoked salmon :-)

Lady Patchy said...

i want to try it.mukhang masarap

Newlyweds said...

yum! i sooo love smoked salmon, kaso ayaw muna ni hubby ngayon, naumay ata.. pero ako love love love.

Nedekcir said...

very enticing, sushi salad...he he he...raw salmon ba yun or smoke?

Unknown said...

missed ceasar's salad,hmmm. i love lettuce, even my kids enjoyed it.

super like:)

☺lani☺ said...

Very healthy, love it!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

Napakahealthy looking naman ng salad mo. :)