Thursday, July 8, 2010

Risotto Di Mare


A scrumptious plate of sauteed mixed seafood on saffron risotto, a house favorite at Amici.  This was one of our orders when Gem, a friend and former office mate, treated us to dinner when she was in town last month.  Amici serves home-cooked Italian food cafeteria-style---it means, you go to the cashier, choose your food and pay for it.  Just be patient when the person ahead of you takes her/his sweet time choosing from the menu of pasta, pizza and panini.  The original Amici is the school cafeteria of Don Bosco-Makati, started by an entrepreneurial Italian Salesian priest and run by nuns.  I enjoyed the home-made Italian sausage antipasti, the freshly-made pizza, olive oil-based pasta, and this seafood risotto.  Oh, and they have a gelato counter---my pistachio ice cream was delicious!
     

 

18 comments:

Photo Cache said...

that looks so tempting. i love risotto or anything rice-y.

Indrani said...

Oooh! This is mouth watering.

Unknown said...

pistachio ice cream, ah, im longing for those kind of flavors.

Enchie said...

Oh wow, been a long time tagal ko ng gustong i-try ang Amici. Pistachio ice cream it is. If I want something different, I order pistachio.

Tara said...

Oooppsss...i'd like to have the gelato please. Choc mint is a fave!

Verna Luga said...

oohh, love the flat butt cone .. LOL.. seriously, it really looks divine... joined FTf too at Table for Five

Lady Patchy said...

the sea food in risotto looks yummy.

☺lani☺ said...

Yum! Haven't eat risotto for decades.... happy weekend!

Sreisaat said...

I am not a fan of risotto (daw lugaw lang, pardon the comparison) but yours look tempting! I would go for pistachio gelato anytime though :D



We Ate This!

Newlyweds said...

that i love...my kind of dish! yum!

Jenn Valmonte said...

I have been hearing great raves about Amici... I have to taste that.

Thanks for hopping by in my post.

Chubskulit Rose said...

looks so good!

JTG (Misalyn) said...

looks so yummy!! the best to do right now is leave my computer and look for something to eat! am craving for something cold..... ice cream!

anne said...

Nay I am drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooolllinnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg

maiylah said...

those look really yummy ... nakakagutom!

Nedekcir said...

mmmm, all the seafood yummy!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

love the ice cream, tingin pa lang,I feel cool already. Risotto always reminds me of Chef Ramsey, lol!

Dhemz said...

yummy! looks expensive...ehheehhe..mahal ang risotto dito...taste like lugaw for me....hehehe!