Friday, April 5, 2013

Twilight from the hill/Sky-watch Friday

around 4:45 PM

I was at the beach in Cebu on Wednesday afternoon taking pictures of sea creatures while my friend's kids were picking sea urchins.  I was waiting for the sunset until my friend told me that the sunset can be seen from the hill where we walked on earlier on the way to the beach.  We retraced our steps and upon reaching the slope, I realized with a tinge of disappointment that we missed the sunset.


We got here around 6:30 PM and the horizon was not as colorful as I expected it to be.
But in a matter of seconds, orange "flames" started to get through the clouds.


In a span of  2 to 3 minutes, the sky turned fiery.
I was mesmerized.


This looks like a ball of fire falling from the sky. 


It felt like the sky waited for us to be here at the right moment.
What a spectacle!
Definitely, the greatest show on earth!


 "There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song..." ~ Sylvester McCoy



Linking to Sky-watch Friday

20 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a fantastic sunset and how wonderful to be able to watch it go from pretty ordinary to awesome!! And even better to be able to get such great captures!! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your weekend!

Unknown said...

Glad youwaited to see this display of fiery clouds and sky!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely series of shots.

Mridula said...

And what a lovely sky you got in the end! Beautiful.

Liz said...

It's worth the wait. These are so pretty. Happy sky watching.

thomas said...

It just caught fire!

TexWisGirl said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Laloofah said...

I love watching the sunset unfold before our eyes just as you were able to - great series of photos! The fourth one is my favorite - those colors and light are amazing! But the whole collection is fantastic. Thank you for sharing! (And I think the sky DID wait for you before it decided to show off!) :-)

lina@womens perspectives said...

Wow, admire your shots, Luna.
Stunning fiery sky!
Thanks for dropping by; happy weekend too :)

Antonina said...

Beautiful colours!

Kay L. Davies said...

Absolutely stunning skies!
K

Lea said...

What a stunningly beautiful sunset!
Have a wonderful week-end!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Laura said...

oh how beautiful! have a wonder-filled weekend:-)

Minoru Saito said...

Hi! Very beautiful sky captures.
I could see various kind of the hue of the sky from your photos.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Inspired By June said...

Beautiful images, Luna! The clouds have to be just right to see a sunset like this. I've seen one, in pink... took my breath away. Thank you for sharin!

Birgitta said...

So beautiful images!

Self Sagacity said...

those are very pretty sky photos. I got lost with your google profile. I am not sure if this is where you wanted me to go. smiles.

Unknown said...

Stunning sky!

Amiko

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I hope he caught a lot of sea urchins. I want to go with him, not you . lol

LadyD Piano said...

There are no words, really but as you said... "Definitely, the greatest show on earth!" WOW!