Maraming masaya at magandang alaala ang lugar na ito sa akin. Alaala ng aking kabataan kasama si Lola, ang aking mga kapatid at pinsan. Kabatwan ang tawag namin dito no'ng bata pa kami dahil nga mabato ang dalampasigan, at sa likod ng mga puno nandon ang naghahalikang bato o Kissing Rocks---paboritong tagpuan ng mga magsin-irog. Ito ang baywalk ng aking kabataan. Noong 2009 lang ako nakabalik ulit dito pagkatapos ng mahigit dalawang dekada.
Posted for Litratong Pinoy
I have happy and beautiful memories of this place. Memories of my youth with our grandmother, my siblings and cousins. We called this place kabatwan because of the rocky shore, and behind the trees are the kissing rocks---a favorite rendezvous for young lovers. This was the baywalk of my childhood. I've never returned to this place for more than two decades until in 2009 after we buried our grandmother.
This song is perfect for reminiscing.
For Thursday Two Questions - you are invited to answer and join.
1) What song comes to mind when you think about your childhood?
2) Any special childhood memory you'd like to share?
What sweet memories of a beautiful place!..Christine
A paradise on earth!
1) I can't think of the name or if it even translates into English.
2) I used to play hopscotch with the neighborhood kids and I never wanted to stop. It was so rare the occasions that I cherished every second.
What a wonderful place!
1. Enveloped Ideas - that's the song that comes to mind, because it was the first song that I've ever memorized.
2. My memory of my grandmother. I only had her for seven years, but those were filled with lovely and loving memories.
If you have time, do drop by
1) my dad used to sing "Danny Boy" to me when to get me to sleep. then i would ask him to let me sleep on his shoulder.
2) there were tiny oysters growing on these rocks when we were kids. our grandmother would take us here on weekends armed with knives and a bottle of sinamak (spicy vinegar). she taught us to shuck oysters then dip into spicy vinegar and eat them raw. we pretended to be marooned on a island with nothing else to eat but fresh oysters. :p it was one of the most fun picnics we had as kids.
Ganda naman ng lugar na ito. Buti ka pa, lumaki malapit sa dalampasigan. Ito ang hindi ko na-enjoy. Laking Maynila kasi ako.
Ganda ng place, love Madonna's song and vid too!
wow such a nice place :)
ganda nga ng lugar. my type of place. sarap nga talaga bumalik sa mga alaala nung mga napuntahang at kinalikihang probinsya.
There are a lot of songs that remind me of childhood but Frank Sinatra's songs make me cry because they remind me of my late Papa because FS was his favorite.
When I was a kid I grew up in a neighborhood in Makati where the kids (from the smallest to the oldest) would play games together (patintero, baseball, etc.) and go on trips and parties. Until now, we keep in touch with our childhood friends because they are like family to us.
That is a beautiful place, thanks for sharing.
I can't remember any particular songs from my childhood but I do know I liked all the Disney songs back then.
My friends and I would write and perform plays for our families. They always sat through our silliness and even applauded at the end.
1. That song: No body wants me. I'm no body's child.
Have never forgotten it.
2. I remember a woman at the orphanage who told me I was very smart and intelligent and might just be a genius.
Of all the bad things being said and maybe some good.This is all I can really remember.
So lovely!! :)
1) I remembered many songs, but none in particular comes to mind at this moment.
2) I like the nights my family sat on the porch, looking at the stars, and just be together.
Post a Comment