Saturday, February 12, 2011

Education [Photo Hunt]

@ mirandablue
My father used to tell us that the road to knowledge begins with the turn of the page.  His passion for books, reading and learning was a compelling force that introduced me to the joy of reading.  In a way, reading was a part of our early education at home.  My father told us stories from the books he was reading, he read to us the interesting parts and encouraged us to read out loud.   He also made sure that reading materials were available at home.  As a lifelong reader, curling up with a good book is one of my favorite things in the world.  I am never lonely in the company of a good book.


Posted for Photo Hunt

13 comments:

ipanema said...

great post Miranda. i fully agree the value of reading. how i wish the young ones of today prefer to open a book than spend their free time on some useless things.

happy weekend! :)

GVK said...

Road to knowledge starts with the turn of page. Your father had a flair for for turn of phrase.

upto6only said...

those seems to be nice books to read. How i wish i could find time to read books. Dami ko pang pending hehehe.

Momgen said...

I am not a book reader but hubby and son loves it...happy hunting.

mine is here

Irene aka Sweet Surrender said...

Nice take. Thanks for dropping by.

Irene
irenelaw.com

YTSL said...

I love books too and agree that they can be good companions. Strange as it may seem to many people, I often am quite happy to spend time in a bar or restaurant by myself -- with "just" a book or magazine for company. :)

bing said...

am i so glad that my children are also fond of reading! it pays introducing them to books when they were still young. the love for books had developed as years passed by.

those books caught my interest!

EG CameraGirl said...

Sounds to me like your dad was a GREAT dad!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Your Dad is a very wise man.

indicaspecies said...

In the company of a good book, I too am not lonely.

Unknown said...

nice post :) I consider reading as part of my luxury...

Anonymous said...

i like the photo so much;
great interpretation of the theme!
wonderful post!

happy V-day, luna!

witsandnuts said...

The presence of the eyeglasses there added an effective drama to the framing of the shot. I love your photo!