Gustuhin ko man maglahok ng medyo creative sa tema ngayong linggo, wala akong mahagilap ng litrato sa aking baol. Sayang, may nakita akong laro sa perya n'ong Sabado ng gabi---mga nakasalansan na lata na binabato ng bola at mananalo ka ng stuffed toy pag naitumba mo lahat. Syempre di ko naisip kuhanan ng litrato ang mga lata! Kaya heto, mga di kasiyasiyang litrato ng mga de lata sa bahay na lang ang lahok ko.
Tulad ng karaniwang Pinoy, nagho-hoard din ako ng de lata. Nakakatipid ako sa oras gamit ang de lata kapag kailangan magluto ng mabilisan. At isa sa mga libangan ko ay ang mag-ayos ng mga ito ayon sa kanilang expiry dates. Sa unahan ang malapit ng mag-expire, sa likuran ng medyo matagal-tagal pa, at ang mag-e-expire na talaga, kailangan gagamitin o kakainin na kaagad. Bata pa ako, ito na ang assignment ko sa tindahan ng aking lola. Ang premyo ko ay lata ng Spam o Libby's corned beef na paborito kong pinapapak.
Posted for Litratong Pinoy
I would have wanted to post something creative for the theme this week but I just couldn't find something interesting in my archives. I was at the amusement park on Saturday night and there was a game where you strike a stacked cans with a tennis ball. I took photos of the prize---a bunch of stuffed toys, but missed the cans. So here are some lame photos of the canned goods I have at home.
Like most Filipinos, I hoard canned goods (afraid to go hungry when there is a calamity or power outage :p). Canned goods save me time when cooking for a quick meal. One of my therapies is to shelve them according to their expiry dates. The ones in front need to be consumed soon, the ones at the back have a year or two left in their expiry dates. As a child, I was given this assignment at my grandmother's store. Then I was rewarded with a can of Spam or Libby's corned beef which were my favorite snacks.
For Thursday 2 Questions - you are invited to answer and join:
1) What are your fondest childhood memories with your grandparents?
2) What are the canned goods that you normally pick at the supermarket even when they're not in your shopping list?
Great idea about stocking the cans by the expiration dates! I always seem to pick up cream of mushroom soup, strange choice huh?
Fondest memories - hanging out with my grandparents and eating ice cream.
Great collection of colored cans :)
Dami mong stock na de lata ah, para kang may tinadahan. :D
My fondness for spam and corned beef never left me. I always have a few cans of them at home and whenever I go camping.
Ay, nadiyan din ang mga paborito ko, Spam CB and sausage.
Yung sardinas masarap yan sa mainit na pandesal.
1. My grandparents on both sides lived in Holland and we lived in California, so I saw them rarely. But when they did come to visit, it was an exciting time for us. We brushed up on our Dutch (my first language) and we cuddled and played and felt ever so spoiled.
2. The canned foods I always buy are green beans, garbonzo beans, kidney beans, and applesauce, which covers just about any nutritional emergency--protein, vitamin C, etc.
1. I was too young to know them both. But the one image that I had was of me grandma having me on her hip and taking me to the market.
2. Soups, I love soups, though it isn't good for you. I always reach for those can soups.
Thanks for joining today and have yourself a great day!
my answers to Thursday 2 Questions:
1) i was lucky to have grown up with grandparents from both sides of the family. my fondest memories are going to the carnival with my grandfather during fiesta, watched my grandmother cook while she narrated the process, punctuated by her singing, eating chocolates with her late at night.:p
from my father's side---i missed cuddling with my grandmother. she always smelled of baby powder and coffee. my grandfather was a great storyteller, from war stories to St. Elmo's fire and shape-shifters. it was a nightly entertainment listening to his stories.
2) i would pick up cans of mushrooms, garbanzos, pineapple chunks, corned beef and tuna.
hahaha..nakaktuwa naman ang premyo mo noon..happy LP!
mahilig din akong mag-hoard ng mga de lata lalo na yung mga galing ibang bansa. kukuha ako sa mommy ko at yung ang dadalin ko pagbalik sa manila hehehe.
nakita ko yung favorite ko.....Century tuna ;) Tamang ulam pag male-late na ako sa duty.
1) I don't know my grandparents at all. I remembered seeing them like three times when I was young.
2) I usually pick up corn in the can, even when it's not on my grocery shopping list.
The fondest memories I have is with my Mom's mother who stayed with us. As a preschooler, I would join her for rosary every noon and 6PM and I would not utter a single word all throughout the prayer (pretty difficult for a blabber mouth but I did that until she died in her 90s!)
I am not into canned goods but I can not resist desserts and fruits. They always end up on the cart when I shop!
I didn't know I was living with my grandfather until I was an adult. He was a terrible man to me as a child. I still have nightmares.
2. I always pick up sweetened condensed milk for oatmeal breakfasts :)
The only memory I had was of my grandmother when she visited us, she always brought with her foods!
I don't usually buy canned goods, but I should start soon for emergency situation!
One of my favorite memories from my childhood is spending time with my grandmother, she had a huge yard filled with flowers. She and I would walk through the yard and she would tell me about each flower.
I usually pick up corn and green beans.
Post a Comment