Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lasang Pinoy: Saucy


Beef with mushrooms and broccoli in oyster sauce

One of culinary commandments is that a sauce should not overpower a dish, but rather enhance it. I notice that many upscale restaurants believe a dish appears more elegant when graced with just a teeny tiny serving of sauce. Can you imagine pasta swimming in pesto sauce being served in an Italian restaurant? But I like my pasta with a lot of sauce...I want sauce in every forkful. Sauce is always generous when I cook at home---be it salad dressing, pasta sauce, salsa and any dish with sauce. As my brothers would say, "Sauce pa lang, ulam na." Check out this mouthwatering dish of Prawns with Aligue (crab fat) Sauce from Abe...a killer sauce to die for!

Prawns in Aligue (crab fat) sauce

Posted for More saucy treats at spiCes.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess that explains the early entry huh? you're a sauce-y foodie!:) want to have those prawns in aligue! looks so good!

Anonymous said...

both dishes look divine, but i'll go for the prawns in aligue! naku, you have no idea how much i love aligue! the bottled aligue is already ulam for me! :)

Anonymous said...

Pass ako sa prawns, pero the beef with brocolli, yum! Sarap ng pakaka-plate ng dish!

My saucy entry is posted here. Happy weekends!

Sidney said...

I agree...this looks delicious !

Oman said...

awww.that's delicious. however, i can see high bp and heart attack written all over the 2nd dish lol.

Anonymous said...

I love everything saucy, too! Even soupy hehehe...

(Actually, I've been to an Italian restaurant serving really saucy pasta. YUM!)

Shalimar said...

i cant remember ever tasting aligue... but one day when am back sa pinas...

Anonymous said...

I'd go for the prawns anytime... though might have to control my aligue intake since baka mahilo ako pagkatapos - hahaha! :)

Anonymous said...

Both food are yummy but I'd prefer the first one :)

Have a great week!

escape said...

kakagutom naman nito. buti na lang magaalas dose na. hehehe...

Anonymous said...

That's my kind of food!! Yummy! Masarap!