Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Calamianes: Green rolling hills


These are not flood-washed mountains.  Some of the  islands in the Calamianes are rich in a certain mineral that makes them ideal for grazing.  In Busuanga Island alone, more than 10,000 hectares are used as grazing by the Yulo King's Ranch. The coastline is protected by mangrove forests.  I also captured a small fishing village at the tip of the island.

I am sorry I have not been very active in leaving comments on your posts. I moved to a bigger apartment a few weeks ago, and my internet connection is still not stable.

Thank you for your visits and wishing you a hopeful and prosperous 2012!



Linking to Watery Wednesday

9 comments:

Tina´s PicStory said...

great watery shots :)

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful and scenic shots. I love the tolling hills. Have a great day and a Happy New Year!

escape said...

reminds me so much of calaguas. those green hills.

Cecilia Artista said...

Beautiful scenery!
Happy New Year!

Kim, USA said...

The place is perfect for grazing any kind of animals. Good thing they maintain the coastline too. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Kim, USA

CameraCruise said...

Beautiful shots!
Happy New Year!

Jeannette StG said...

So lovely, Miranda!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Wow! Great shots!

forgetmenot said...

Lovely green hills--looks like a very pleasant place. Mickie ;)