Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lunch at Cafe Med

hummus and grilled pita

To escape to an exotic destination minus the travel brought me and a friend to Cafe Mediterranean, or Cafe Med as it is popularly known, for lunch. Cafe Med is famous for its kebabs, gyros, hummus and pizzas. I "discovered" this place during the shawarma boom (was that in the early 90's?) when there were kiosks everywhere you look. I was hypnotized by the scents of juicy beef being sliced and diced right before my eyes. In those days, Cafe Med was our payday dinner---a reward after 15 days of hard work.:p

We enjoyed the robust and clear flavors at Cafe Med, unfettered by complicated sauces and heavy dollops of cream and butter. My favorite appetizer as usual was hummus with grilled pita. And my main course was Tunisian fish fillet cream dory, a distinctly spicy dish with black olives, tomato sauce with herbs.




19 comments:

Photo Cache said...

it's 9:30 am and i'm craving this- your fault.

i love mediterranean dishes and shawerma is one of my faves too.

maiylah said...

yummm... send some over here, please. lol :D

Maya said...

Looks like some yummy food.

 gmirage said...

hummus hummus hummus! Yes I'm shouting! lol.

kittchenmaus

Lady Patchy said...

fish fillet pala yon .picture pa lang masarap na .hummus and grilled fita is already a meal for me. nakakabusog yan talaga

Sreisaat said...

Wow - I want some of this too! I haven't had hummus in a very long time. Happy weekend, Luna :)


We Ate This!

shutter happy jenn said...

Di pa ako nakakakain ng Mediterranean foods. :( Looks very delicious!

My FTF post is up HERE. Happy weekends!

January Zelene said...

hmmm that looks so delicious... i wanna try some..

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I love the main course.Nakakagutom!

FoodTripFriday

Rob said...

This looks delicious!

Chubskulit Rose said...

I am starving looking at your entry sistah.

Spice Up your Life

Tara said...

I love hummus too...your photos look so inviting..yummy!

Dhemz said...

oh mama mia...nagugutom tuloy ako....almost midnight na dito....I can feel the hunger...ehehehhe!

thanks for dropping by!

Newlyweds said...

im starving right now, just merely looking at those yummy yummy foodie..

followed and added your links to our blogroll... have a nice weekend

http://newlywedscravings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

come to think of it, we haven't tried this food place yet. the plate you had looks delightful!

Ebie said...

I'd go once a week to the Farmers Market and order this! Its always a treat!

Cecile said...

Yum, i love med. foods, too :-)

agent112778 said...

i haven't tried med food before and your entry is worth trying


heres mine

Anonymous said...

looks yummy thanks for drop by