Don't ignore fish and other sea foods when you're browsing on a menu or planning your weekly diet. Sea food, especially fish, is fabulous food---lots of variety in taste and texture, versatile and low in saturated fat, also low in calories, the perfect healthy food.
- Oily fish (Mackerel, Herring, Sardines) contain Omega-3 fatty acids, a type of polyunsaturated fat which can help to reduce total blood cholesterol. Omega-3 in the diet protects the heart and circulation and may reduce the risk of heart disease and certain cancers.
- Medical studies have shown that Omega-3 oils play an important part in aiding the development of our brains.
- Sea food contains an abundance of essential minerals - iron, zinc, iodine and selenium.
- Fish is a good source of Vitamins helping to maintain healthy nerve tissues, strong bones and teeth and a glowing complexion.
- Fish is a low fat and/or good fat source of protein, essential for the healthy growth and maintenance of muscles and body tissues.
- As well as your brain, your love life could benefit from eating sea food as part of a healthy diet. Shellfish such as oysters have a reputation for acting as an aphrodisiac!
Source: Weight Loss Resources
Posted for Food Friday