Monday, March 28, 2011

Punta Bulata: El Tzino Resort

@ mirandablue
Anhawan Island
To continue the Punta Bulata series, I am sharing with you some morning and afternoon shots taken from the resort where we stayed.  We arrived at El Tzino around 10 am, it's not a fancy place and has the basic necessities to make our stay comfortable.  We laid down our bags, had some cold drinks, and I went to explore the beach.  I was happy to see that there was no one here except us---we had the place to ourselves! Facing the bay, to my left was a group of islands, the biggest island is called Anhawan and Danjugan Island to my right, a marine reserve and and wildlife sanctuary.

@ mirandablue
Danjugan Island
Uneasy of the peace and quiet here, my cousin Mark put on his headsets as he settled in a chair facing the sea. Oh, and check out these lounging chairs---they're made from old tires, and they're quite comfy, too. Talk about ingenuity!

@ mirandablue
Did I say we had the place to ourselves?  I spoke too soon---we shared the resort and the beach with 8 canines.  This  guy was part of the pack.  He followed but kept his distance as I walked to the water's edge waiting for the sunset.
@ mirandablue
Spotted these fishermen while they were getting ready to go off-shore. Fishing and farming provide livelihood for most folks around here.
@ mirandablue
Life here was rustic and laid-back.  Walking along the beach that afternoon, I was  amazed how everything here seemed to move in silence.  There was gentle stillness in the rustle of the leaves, even the waves and breezes refused to be hurried.  A perfect place for solitude and meditation.


@ mirandablue

A golden moment---before sunset, looking north at Danjugan Island and Pulo Gamay (literally, small island).

To reach El Tzino Resort, take a 154-kilometer road trip to Cartagena near the boundary of Cauayan and Sipalay, then turn right to a dirt road, 4 kilometers down until you reach Brgy. Elihan.  Ceres buses going to Hinoba-an pass Cartagena.  It's approximately 4 hours south of Bacolod City. 




33 comments:

Photo Cache said...

it must have been simply glorious to have this beautiful nature to yourself. the walk had to be meditative.

maiylah said...

lovely getaway!
...so loving that chair! :)

RNSANE said...

It looks just blissful, Luna. I think we are so unaware of peace and quiet these days, we hardly know what to do with it...but I think it is very soothing to the soul. It's a beautiful place!

Anonymous said...

What a peaceful place to relax in. So lovely too!

Indrani said...

When I see these holiday spots I can't resist dreaming about them. Nice pictures.

Sylvia K said...

What a gorgeous place!! I would love to spend some time there and your photos are superb as always, Miranda! A wonderful post and photos for the day -- they've certainly made my evening and my tomorrow!! Enjoy!

Sylvia

magiceye said...

gorgeous

eileeninmd said...

What a beautiful place, thanks for sharing. The chairs are a great idea and use for the old tires. Wonderful photos.

Anonymous said...

The beach of El Tzino is much better than the resort we stayed in at Punta Bulata. It does look so serene and that was a beautiful capture of the golden hour. Golden talaga. :-)

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Ang ganda ganda naman dyan! Wish ko lang makapagbakasyon sa mga ganyang lugar. Nice captures! Mas lalong nangati ang paa ko na gumala ;)).

LifeRamblings said...

what a perfect getaway, my kind of holiday. the last shot is so gorgeous.

Janet said...

I want one of those chairs!
What a blissful vacation.

alfonso said...


· Thanks for your visit and lovely comment.

I can see nice landscapes here.

· have a nice day

CR & LMA
________________________________
·

Anonymous said...

You have gorgeous beaches and beautiful water front!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Very nice Luna -- I know people like your cousin. Me I love the peace and quiet.

Nicolette said...

What a beautiful place... Gorgeous scenery...

Cecilia Artista said...

Beautiful place and scenery!
Great shots!

genie said...

Luna...This is the most beautiful series I have seen this evening. What a dreamy spot. Your last shot is awesome. You captured one gorgeous moment in that photo. Loved the recycled tire lounge chair. That is really a clever use of old tires. We need to try sow of that over here.

Momgen said...

So beautiful...happy WW!

mine is here

Lina Gustina said...

Perfect place to visit!

http://www.1sthappyfamily.com/2011/03/small-river.html

Ebie said...

Did you go on a weekday? That's the best time to go so you can have the resort to yourselves!

We take pride of our beaches!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

good they are recycling the tyres, this is the best I have seen.

January Zelene said...

wow so beautiful..

Tanquility

Dinah said...

the place looks so inviting! at ang galing ng chairs ha! what a great way to recycle ;-)

janakidiary said...

perfect place. white sand, sun, gorgeous water :)

Chubskulit Rose said...

It looks so peaceful and beautiful!
Reflection for watery Wednesday.

Debbie Taillieu said...

Okay, I'm ready to go there now!
Have a fabulous day!
Debbie's Travels

Hootin Anni said...

Gorgeous....I especially love the color of the water, AND the tree covered islands in the background.

My Wednesday Link:

Laguna Madre

Shengkay said...

yeah right..so laid back my grand parents place..

Mine
*****************
Shengkay’s Journal
Shengkay Random Nest

Kim, USA said...

That is super ganda!! I missed this kind of view already. Thanks for sharing!

Watery Wednesday

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Oh, Miranda ... what a magical place you have brought us to today. Your photos are exquisite. Thank you so much!

I appreciate your stopping by to visit. Have a wonderful week,

Kathy M.

Jeannette StG said...

wow, I love all those palms in the next to last pics -although all your pics give a flavor of what it is like there:)

Unknown said...

Just want to introduce to you that dog, he is choco..we owned him. hehehe.. He has one brother named Budoy the white color dog. Spotted him?