Thursday, March 27, 2008

Batchoy of my dreams

Aside from Chicken Inasal, Bacolod boasts of a great tasting La Paz Batchoy. And a great way to spend an afternoon with old friends is while chowing down the steaming broth of Ted’s La Paz Batchoy at SM-Bacolod. This tasty noodle soup stimulates the senses and livens up the chikahan.

I’ve been craving for La Paz Batchoy since I landed in the new Bacolod-Silay Airport. In high school, our usual destination on summer afternoons was Baling’s Halo-Halo. But on Saturday afternoon, when my old high school buddies picked me up for a get-together, I asked that we go for Ted’s Batchoy.

La Paz Batchoy is a noodle soup, made flavorful with pork liver and innards, crushed pork cracklings, shrimp, beef loin, shrimp broth, and chicken stock. Not recommended to those with high levels of uric acid and high blood pressure.

high school buddies---Juna, Fe, Nonoy and Jean Marie

4 comments:

Photo Cache said...

I have never had a batchoy. Must try it at least once in my lifetime.

 gmirage said...

Ay yay! Orig Batchoy, what more could you ask for hindi instant hehe...I just dropped by before sleeping...I'll read your other entries tom...=) zZzzZZZZ

Unknown said...

you should try it, phoho cache. you won't regret it, i promise!:D

Unknown said...

true, gizelle...ang instant batchoy puno ng MSG, the original batchoy is simply delicious. i hope you had a good night's sleep. sa init dito ngayon, kinakabahan na ako sa electric bill ko na darating!:D