Monday, October 5, 2009

A weekend with Jan-Q and Fritz



 

One Sunday afternoon in September, I brought Jan-Q and Fritz to Bonifacio High Street.  This is Fritz' favorite hangout---he loves to strut and lounge on the grass and watch dogs walking around the place.  This is where I stretch my legs, punctuating my walks with a cold drink or hot coffee while browsing the latest best-sellers at Fully Booked,  or contemplate at the water features around the mall grounds, or check out what's on sale in one of the stores.

Jan-Q, on the other hand, was reluctant to pose for the camera.  He thinks  it was so uncool  and "baduy" that his Tita  was taking lots of pictures.:P  He obliged because of my "near-senior-citizen-status" and  I was paying for dinner (hehehe).



This sculpture makes me think of meteors coming from space.

 I always tell my young nephews that they will  thank me someday for their  cute baby pictures, snapshots of their toothless grin and framed bunny-rabbit smiles, their  rock 'n roll poses and awkward moments in front of the camera, and all the memories that go with the photos.  And of course, they would show me the photos to remind me of their names when I'm a  senile and doddering old woman.:P





Fritz doesn't mind...he loves to lick the camera!






12 comments:

rac said...

were these photos taken yesterday in boni high? we were there too with our baby lhasa apso. :)

Sidney said...

You are a true photographer... documenting life for eternity! :-)

It is indeed a nice place to hang out and do some dog/people watching!

Unknown said...

hi Rors! no, these were taken in early September. i was thinking of walking Fritz yesterday but the wet weather changed my mind. BHS is a pet-friendly place.

Hazel said...

ah the dinner did it lol... with that neat lawn the place does make a great hangout for Fritz. The colors make a cool contrast against his fur. I like that sculpture.

witsandnuts said...

Ang kyoooot! Looks like one of our old dogs. He's named Poochi (and passed away already).

Unknown said...

*smiles* @ Sidney it's what i love about photography...it remembers little things, long after we have forgotten everything.:P

EG CameraGirl said...

Your nephews will be pleased one day. Give them time. Maybe by the time they have children of their own they will understand. ;-)

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

looks like a perfect day just to roam around the place..
WeekendMemoirs

Photo Cache said...

I don't know if my nephews or any of them would like to go out and chill with me. I haven't tried asking yet, but I'm sure their weekends are always full, either working or being with friends.

Great snaps.

Ebie said...

My first to see the colorful steps! I think it is very attractive. And Fritz is sooo cute! Thanks for your entry at OWM.

Linnea said...

Looks like the young man is tolerating the camera lens, but the dog seems to enjoy the attention! Nice colorful place in spite of the rainy weather...thanks for visiting my blog again...

Terry said...

dear miranda..those two boys are the cutest pair!
of course that fritz doesn't mind his picture being taken...he is a real ham!!!...love terry