Monday, January 9, 2012

Fort Santiago, revisited/OWT


I am having fun with photo effects.:p  And I think these photos are perfect for the vintage effect, don't you think?  The top and bottom photos were taken in front of Fort Santiago, an old Spanish fort in the walled city of Intramuros.  With these horse-drawn carriages, I was thrown back in time to 1900's Manila.  But I was here to attend a modern-day wedding reception at the Plaza de Moriones.  My friend's son got married---I couldn't believe it!  It was like yesterday when this handsome little boy entertained himself by drawing pictures while us girls were having girl-talk. 

my friend, Angie, giving her speech and crying at the same time.  she couldn't seem to stop crying.:p  Nico, after all, is her first-born.

This building across the entrance of Fort Santiago houses United Philippine Lines (UPL), a manning company for the maritime industry. 



11 comments:

Viola said...

Lovely pictures! Congratulations to your friend's son and his wife! :)

Have a great week! :)

Kim, USA said...

Went to Fort Santiago once and to me it's not as beautiful like in your photos. Better visit this place again thanks for sharing the photos, Luna!

Candace said...

Such pretty photos!

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots. Love the one of the wedding speech.

Andrea said...

Hi Luna, it is unbelievable, as i have been to Fort Santiago only twice. I would have wanted to just go and take photos, but everybody seems to have frequented it many times except me!

Indrani said...

Great place to revisit for sure.

Toe said...

Ang galing ng effects! Very artistic!

Gattina said...

Interesting world and nice effects !

Inger-M said...

Nice series!

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I love all of these! Great composition and what a lovely looking wedding!! Congratulations to the bride and groom and his mother! The first two are my favorites! Hope your new year is off to a great start and enjoy your week!

Sylvia

Photo Cache said...

Send my best to Angie and her family. What a milestone, she already has a daughter in law.