Friday, July 15, 2011

Spicy Maguro Roll

@ mirandablue
A soup is a must for me especially when I'm hungry.  I need to start with soup--in this case, Miso Soup, to "cushion"  the stomach, so to speak.  I posted  the not-so-pleasant experience with Asparagus Bacon Tempura at Kimono Ken last week.  But Kimono Ken was totally redeemed by this scrumptious, savory Spicy Maguro Roll.  The texture, freshness of subtly spiced tuna and ikura (salmon roe) were unforgettable.  Will be returning soon.

@ mirandablue


Join us at Food Trip Friday

12 comments:

Unknown said...

oh,tuna is it...must be really good:) i'd prefer this one over the miso soup...hehe
i don't know why:)

Daryll Villena said...

wow I love Japanese food, I tried Kimono Ken once, haven't tried maguro roll yet, thanks for the suggestion :) visiting you via FTF
http://foodamn.blogspot.com/

Mommy Jes said...

hmm yum yum!! pero 'eaten there yet! :D

Chubskulit Rose said...

I am salivating wahhhh. Yummy!

Spice Up Your Life

Anonymous said...

I am drooling and its early in the morning...oh my..I wish to enjoy them today!

nuts said...

spicy Maguro Roll is so yummy that I could taste from here.. love soup too, any kind of soup. :)

Dhemz said...

oh, mama mia! kakatakam naman ito...gutom tuloy ako!

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

Ako rin, I always need my soup serving before any meals.

Unknown said...

Tulo laway naman ako...hehe anyway, was here for FTF.

http://www.kat-in-the-kitchen.info/2011/07/14/wedding-cake/

Tetcha said...

That Maguro Roll really looks delectable! Happy FTF, and thanks for the visit!

Cheerful said...

looks really delicious and you convinced me with how you described it...wanted to try it someday! visiting from FTF, have a great week. :)

Gene said...

spicy Japanese roll are love! I always order Miso soup whenever we are in a Japanese restaurant. It's so good and so healthy. win-win.

Late visit from last week's Food Trip Friday.

<a href="http://www.corbitoness.com/tocino-with-egg-and-tomato-salad/'>Tocino with egg and tomato salad</a>