Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Anhawan Island [Watery Wednesday]

@ mirandablue
We spotted this deserted beach on a small island off the coast of Punta Bulata.  Our boatman told us the island is called Anhawan (or Anjawan) and it is privately-owned---the latter elicited some raised eyebrows.:p  Well, there's a sign alright.  

@ mirandablue
And a few minutes after we dropped anchor, dogs ran towards the shore to welcome us!


@ mirandablue

Then we met the "owner"---our boatman and the boys talked to the man.  They came back to the boat to tell me that there's a fee if we would like to spend the day on the island.  "How much?" I asked. It's three hundred pesos (or about $7).  There were 11 of us, including 3 kids...I was computing in my head when my brother said, "It's 300 bucks for all of us."  Really?  

Our own private beach for a day for the price of 2 venti cafe mocha at Starbucks?  That's a no-brainer.:p
@ mirandablue
Nothing rejuvenates the mind and body than some quiet time on a deserted beach, and being surrounded by the happy sounds of family, gentle warm breezes, the whoosh of turning waves and the smell of salty air. I rested my back on a rock and meditated on the calm, peaceful sea stretched out as far as I can see.

@ mirandablue


Get virtually wet at Watery Wednesday

24 comments:

Eki said...

What a day you must have had! I love a quiet beach where we can hear only the waves and the whispers of the breeze.

PS. It is privately owned?

Benita said...

Wonderful photos! :)

Unknown said...

hi, Eki. the man claimed that his family owns the island for 3 generations, and they pay the taxes. the island is uninhabited except for the man's hut, he has 4 dogs and a male goat.:p there's no fresh water in the island, his cousin brings containers of fresh water once a week.

Photo Cache said...

i guess an overnight camping could also be arranged - if the price is right.

what a lovely spot. you were lucky to find it and spend some time on this deserted patch of beach.

One Photo said...

What a lovely spot to find. Love that last photo looking past the rock to the boat.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

oh my goodness your own private paradise.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Sounds like quite a day. I think the dogs would have scared me. :-)

Chubskulit Rose said...

That's a scene I miss living in a coastal area.

Indrani said...

Great spot to holiday.

lotusleaf said...

What a wonderful day you had! The island looks beautiful.

Andrea said...

It's amazing how some people can own islands here in the country! That is true also with some islands in our province owned and privatized when the owner was still the governor. and there are rumors that convicts are brought to the island as workers, of course they can't leave! This island, how do you go there and how long is the boat ride? thanks.

genie said...

I have to say you live in what must be heaven on earth. All of your pictures are so beautiful. These are wonderful and that last one is divine. Wonderful captures. Genie

Vintagesouthernlife said...

What a beautiful, serene setting. I would never have wanted to leave!

Jama said...

What a lovely beach!

Birgitta said...

Wonderful pictures of this beautiful place!

http://birgittasfoto.blogg.se/

eden said...

I love the place. Beautiful photos.

Hootin Anni said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, heavenly scenes.


WAVE ACTION is my watery link. Do stop by if you have time. And, have a super Wednesday!!!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A private island for $7? A bargain!


FEELING RATHER DUCKY

Feeling rather ducky?
Here’s what I would do:
Find a pond or puddle,
One that’s right for you;
Take a sturdy life vest,
Strap it on your back;
Jump into the puddle,
Give a little quack!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Never-Flowing Fountain

Al said...

Where is Anhawan Island? Tell me, tell me hahaha! It's beautiful! Anyway, Virgin Island is just 30 mins away from Panglao island. I have a contact person there hihihi.

Unknown said...

Interesting what you told about the owner of the island. Maybe he should buy a water filter system!

Ola said...

This looked absolutely like a magical place worth of any price to be paid:)

Icy BC said...

These are just very serene photos, and I always have a weakness for beach scene! They are absolutely release tension for me..

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures. What a day of memories for you and your family! An island to yourself, along with some nice dogs to play with. Cool.

Kathy M.

Sivinden said...

Wonderful photos!