Tuesday, March 23, 2010

At the Hilton pier [Watery & Outdoor Wednesday]



Working in Cebu feels like a perpetual vacation (don't tell my boss!). A Saturday in Cebu when you have nothing else to do, rent an outrigger boat for P3,500 (roughly $77) to explore the nearby islands in Mactan and Bohol. It was so much fun than vegetating in my hotel room, window-shopping or people-watching at the mall. To rent a boat, go to the Hilton Pier in Mactan, or you can call El Capitan--I have his cell phone number.:p
The Hilton pier is very accessible and you won't miss it...just look for the two pink towers after Mactan Shangri-la. The scene at the pier was organized chaos. Huge outrigger boats (ours has a 35-person capacity) are "parked" at the wharf, and to reach the boat we rented, we had to walk wobbly across another "parked" boat.
@ mirandablue
illegal parking

a young diver
our boatman as we were leaving the wharf; not an easy job
leaving Hilton pier
We visited 4 islands, had lunch on the floating restaurant at Olango Island, snorkeled at the marine sanctuary in Hilutungan Island, swam on a sugary white sands of Sulpa, parked our boat in Pandanon and took out the fishing rods. On our way back at sunset, we even saw a Blue Marlin jumping on the water. It was magical. More photos in the coming days. Stay tuned!

22 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

Working in Cebu!? Wow! It must be awesome! Wish I had that opportunity. :)

Photo Cache said...

I've always wished that when I find a job that that job would entail a lot of travel. But alas, not was the case.

Isn't this a major tourist spot in Cebu?

Light and Voices said...

We have friends that live in Cebu. You are a lucky duck to work there.
Joyce M

Unknown said...

hi, Photo Cache! traveling for work is certainly a nice fringe benefit, but it can also tiring especially when you haven't unpacked yet and you need to pack for another trip. i remember crying from sheer tiredness--one day after i arrived from the US, i need to leave for Cebu. but most of the time, i love the traveling part of my job.:p

Unknown said...

oh, and yes, island-hopping is one of Cebu's main attractions. there are beautiful dive sites as well.

Unknown said...

no need to work in Cebu to enjoy Cebu, ECL. come and visit.:p

Randi said...

Great captures! Lucky you - this must be a lovely working place!

Hage og Foto entusiast said...

good shots. Lovely pictures. Its look really hot there..Wish I could be some place its hot reight now. Here its noe very hot :o)

Hootin Anni said...

Oh so very nice....the water, why it's such a beautiful color and so clear!!

STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE... is my Wednesday entry!! do come by if you can, I'd love to have your company today.

January Zelene said...

Wow going on places on business trip is a great opportunity to explore too, sympre after work na hehehe... I wish I can do the same, but every time I'm on business trip I travel alone sigh*! so boring.. Happy Wednesday!

Hilda said...

Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing day! I sure hope no one fell in the water while still boarding. ;)

And what happened to poor little Fritz? Why's he wearing a Victorian collar? I hope it's nothing serious.

Luna said...

Hi Luna Miranda....;D
Great shots!
Happy Watery Wednesday....Luna

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a gorgeous place and I love to look at water with those beautiful colors. We have been on a few cruises and have been to Hawaii a couple of times and I just love looking at the water. So pretty!

♥ Kathy said...

What a neat job! I am so jealous lol great pictures...it looks beautiful there! Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

Momgen said...

Wow very pretty...Happy watery Wednesday.

Mine is here

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

great shots!one of my dream...going to cebu and ride on those boats....beeb following you for months but always forgot to leave you a comment...my bad...finally,today meron na hehhehehe...thanks!


your kabayan,
blue

Ms. Bake-it said...

The water is beautiful! My cousin does a lot of traveling for work and gets to see some really beautiful places but she too says it can be very exhausting at time. It looks and sounds like you had a great time working in Cebu.

~ Tracy

Ebie said...

I would love to work with a company that would be me the chance of travel. Cebu is beautiful and it stands by its name, the Queen City of the South!

LV said...

Loved the tour of part of your world. Very nice.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

How beautiful! And how fortunate are you to work and live there. Thank you for sharing.

Carletta said...

Looks like that would be a wonderful way to spend some off time.
Looks warm and inviting.

Linnea said...

Looks like you're in paradise! What a fantastic destination. Sort of reminds me of Hawaii. Too bad it's so far from here! Thanks for visiting my WW. Enjoy!