Friday, February 13, 2009

Food Friday: sweet but not simple

I am not much of a dessert fan. A cup of coffee after a meal is good enough for me. If given a choice, I would go for fresh fruits rather than cakes or pastries. But when my friend K introduced me to this mango torte from Dulcelin Gourmet, I gave in after the first bite. Scoops of fresh, luscious ripe mango and cream---a surprise ending to a delicious meal. I'm no expert but what makes this mango torte so good is probably the contrasting texture of mango and the chewy-crunch of cashew-based nougatine, it's not sugary-sweet, and it's golden beauty is a delight to my eyes. It's simply a perfect dessert that rolls decadently into the embrace of hot, black coffee.


Posted for Food Friday

12 comments:

Sidney said...

I am like you...I have no sweet tooth.
But it looks indeed very tempting !

Winkii said...

wow, seems like it's really delicious.
wanna taste it. :D

please visit my home. tnx!

mirage2g said...

It looks so attractive that I nakakahinayang tuloy kainin! Pahingi naman....dhl mo na lang! :D

iska said...

Oh you have me at hello! I could already imagine how good that tastes...

the donG said...

whoa! i love mango tarts. anything that has mangoes is delicious.

the donG said...

anything that has sweet yellow mangoes is delicious!

Z'riz said...

Oh my gosh! A little variation for the common chocolate cake! That looks yummy indeed!

Serving my Valentine's Day themed Food Friday here

utoysaves said...

five things why i think, I'll love this blog:
1. it's got a dog on it.
2. foood, glorious foood!
3. awesome photography
4. you're a beer drinker
5. because i know for a fact that girls from Dumaguete are pretty, witty, adventurous, articulate but still have that probinsyana sensibility in them.ΓΌ
GOd bless!

luna miranda said...

bro utoy, thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. i have relatives in dumaguete but i'm from bacolod (iisang tribu pa rin). FBI (full blooded ilongga) ini.:D

maiylah said...

that looks positively yummy!!! have to try that one of these days! :)

thanks for playing, Luna
Happy FF

bernadette said...

ano ba ito???? kapag napo-post ka ng pagkain ay gusto kong magsagwan at pumuntang Menila! ngayon mango torte naman...pamatay!!!!

anyway, dear Luna thanks for reminding me of what I actually miss :-X!

Jay - agent112778 said...

sad to say im not a fan of fruits in cakes bcoz i love choco cakes

my entry is here

Great day for us Food Friday Eaters :)
Thanx for the Visit :)