Saturday, November 21, 2009

Birds [Photo-Hunt]

Part of our Zoobic Safari adventure last September was a trek to this bird sanctuary. My bird photos are always blurry--birds are challenging subjects plus the fact that my camera is too slow to grab focus (yeah, blame it on the camera!). Good thing these birds didn't seem to mind when people started taking pictures. They were probably saying to each other, "Here we go again...just pretend to enjoy it!" :p


"A wise old owl sat on an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke; the less he spoke the more he heard. Why aren't we like that wise old bird?"

Posted for Photo Hunt, hosted by TN Chick

15 comments:

Toe said...

I love that owl... looks straight out of a Harry Potter book. :)

MaR said...

I totally agree with you!! I admire pictures of birds, because they are hard to photograph.

These ones seem to like the posing, lol, beautiful shots and wise thought.

Happy PH and weekend!

Bird

witsandnuts said...

Fave ko yung nasa second photo. Colorful. I also took a picture of the owl years ago but I don't have a soft copy with me right now for the hunt, so had another one. Happy weekend!

YTSL said...

Agreed that birds are challenging subjects for photographers -- which is why I've been pretty amazed by the many good pictures, including yours, I've seen on this week's Photo Hunt! :)

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I love the owl photo and I'm curious why they always portray an owl as a smart one?

Carver said...

You got great shots at the bird walk. I think birds are hard to photograph too. Happy weekend.

healingmagichands said...

You can blame it on the camera if you like. Mine does the same thing. Silly birds just won't sit still when I want them to. Still, you found some good shots even with the challenge.

http://healingmagichands.wordpress.com/2009/11/21/photohunt-birds/

A. said...

Beautiful, brightly coloured birds! And the owl too - I love owls.

Sidney said...

The second bird is very colorful... and the third looks indeed very wise!

JO said...

love the colors on the second pic.

joarduo.com
adhdistheculprit.com

Race said...

wow they're so colorful the first and second one birds! the shots are ok to me even if you said it's not the best shot, you caprured the owl's sharp eyes!

Oman said...

i agree. it's hard to shoot mobile critters but you did a good job capturing them.

 gmirage said...

dramatic looking birds! true the owl looks so wise no. have a nice week!

MJ said...

lovely colorful picture #2 nice shoT!

Glennis said...

he is a wise old owl. pretty birds so colourful.